15. Guest from the Past

Sara's POV

“What are you doing?” I asked.

“Nothing just-finished laundry. Setting clothes.” He said closing the drawer of the closet. He started spending a lot of time in the closet, setting the clothes. It was a few days back when he took the responsibility of laundry. He works and even does laundry. I tried a failed attempt to convince him that his needs to rest but my husband is stubborn. I wish our twins will be just like him but a little less. Everything he does nowadays is doubtful.

“I know you are not happy about this pregnancy. We were not prepared but you don't have pressure yourself or... Avoid me.” My voice cracked. I hate that my pregnancy hormones. They have made me so emotional that I cry every chance I get. Even I am losing my confidence and sometimes, I doubt that he is cheating on me.

“I am not avoiding you.” He snapped. This is the first time he lost patience. Now, I am sure. He found someone else.

Scowling at him, I hurried to my unfolded clothes and started grabbing them. I can't spend any more time with him. He doesn't come home most of the night, looks paranoid whenever his phone rings, and shows many other signs of infidelity.

“Baby... I am the happiest man on this earth now.” He gently held my arms. “I am just warping an important case before our long Holiday.”

“Holiday?”

“Yes, I planned a whole year holiday after delivery. I want to witness everything about our twins. First word. First step. Even the first blink.”

“Can we afford all this?”

“That's why I am wrapping this deal.” He kissed me. “And laundry gives me time to think.”

Tossing on my bed, I realized I was dreaming again. My dreams are keys to relive the forgotten memories. Sometimes, it helps to heal, makes me forget the present without him.

He spent a lot of time in laundry and now, I saw our clothes burning into ashes. There must be something special about them, which was important. I need to find about that. But currently, I am emotionally tired. First, death then, my Valerio's hit then, fire. So, I decided to drift into sleep again but then, I heard glass breaking.

Someone is inside my house. An intruder. Now, I feel like Rossi estate is the most unsafe place on earth.

Entering to my drawing room which consist of one kitchen, I found a girl rushing to clean the glass. It was Amber.

“What are you doing here?” I asked her. But, to her, it wasn't a question. She was so scared that almost fell but managed to balance herself.

“You walk like a predator. So quiet.” She said panting, trying to catch her breath. Light feet was the first rule of assassination, otherwise the mission would be incomplete.

“Good morning, I am fine.” I faked a smile.

“Morning.” She placed a cup of coffee and sat in front of me. “I was invited by Mr Rossi. Dr Scott told us about Mrs Davies. She was your mother.”

“Now, she's no more... I have no one again.” I was thankful for people, worrying about me but why Valerio?

“You are wrong.” She yelled with fake anger. “You have us..... I have an information for you.” Controlling her excitement, she whispered. “Rosalie resigned.”

“That's sad news for Mr Rossi.”

“Dr Scott is eager to have you back at hospital.”

Updating me with all the stories of the hospital, she surprised me that the ownership of the hospital is transferred to Valerio Rossi. It was his elder brother who brought the hospital because he believed that they failed to treat younger Rossi.

Failed to control the humour, we broke into a laugh. It wasn't new as the Rossi brothers grew with every luxury and got everything they wanted. We already anticipated this was about to happen. But, they were well-educated and knew the fact that human bodies are more complex than imagined, yet the blamed us. This was unexpected.

“What about the funeral?” Amber finally asked. I have known this question was disturbing her, but she didn't ask due to my condition. Indeed, I looked the homeless woman.

“I am not ready to bid her final bye.” I looked at the ceiling which was suddenly so beautiful that I wanted to stare at this for the whole life.

“It is personal. But I listened to your voicemail.” She confessed. “It was from Harrington, those lawyers... Seems like she left you something.” She wiped my uninvited tears. I wasn't aware of their presence until Amber passed me a tissue.

Although, I have Amber with me and Denise planned a girl's outing but this wasn't helping at all. I still felt betrayed by mom. It was an eerie feeling of abandoned. I was mad. Very mad. They all betrayed me. I was promised a lifetime commitment. But they left me. And I am alone again to face the harsh reality of life.

My only hope is left is a child. Children. I will adopt two kids. They will be next Davies. And for a year, my plan is spent every time possible. I want to witness the first step, first word, even first blink. With a year holiday.

“Someone is there,” Amber called me. Scared and nervous, she was trembling. I followed her disturbing sight, to find a well-built man with business over his body, standing outside in the porch looking at the environment, except towards us. I couldn't see his face.

Another danger!

Despite my physical presence in the residential property of the mafia boss, I find this estate is not safe.

I rushed to my room and pulled out my gun. Unlocked and ready to attack, I walked with my light steps to him.

“You have a gun.” Amber panicked.

“It's for safety.” I hushed her.

Before I could even point by him, he turned and smirked.

Recognition hit me. This man is as wicked as a tail of a dog. He will never leave a single moment to tease me. This is what he mastered. I need to teach him lessons. Lot of lessons. 

“You need to practice more.” He smirked. “I already knew your moves.”

“Does Mark know you are here?” I sneered at him and opened the door to her his clear yet annoying voice. I hated to hear his voice but communication is the key.

“Yes, I am a free man now.” He shrugged off. “I am safe ladies.” He looked at scared Amber behind me.

“Beth did this favour to you.”

“Her screams still haunts me.” He confessed. He was there when she was abused in the cell. He claimed the most horrible voice he ever heard.

“What happened?” I asked him indicating the sudden kindness of Mark.

“He was about to free me until he felt calm.”

“What are you doing here?”