35. Another Beth

Sara's POV

“What is your name?” Eli asked me another question. This curious redhead will never stop talking. So, the rumours were right about her. She is talkative. Too talkative. She loves to talk, ask questions, and whatnot.

“Mama... Cake.” Sylvia beamed calling for cake. Another child. I wonder how Beth manages these kids.

“Yes... Silver, cake is coming.” I cooed her and in return, I was gifted with the world's brightest smile. Her smile answers everything I was wondering about Beth and her management.

Beth is a good mother. She accepted all the children even though she is not their biological mother. Only 3 of 6 were her however she behaves she has 6 children.

The question asked by Eli is troubling sometimes but her sweet voice is soothing. Sylvia is territorial, but I am falling in love how she get angry when Valerio scolded me. And Max is not ready to leave me. I am pleased and could imagine my child playing with these children.

“They think you are her sister.” I heard. Suri. Yes, this is Suri Rossi. I don't have to turn to confirm my assumption.

“Or maybe they love me.” I tried to be polite.

“No... They are not good with strangers. Especially Max.” She walked in front of me with another busy little girl frowning at me. “She is Evie. My another baby sister. And Abi will join us soon. He is busy.”

“He is only 7,” I said.

“Yes. But Elijah doesn't consider him as 7. But Abi will not give up.” Suri shrugged off and helped Evie to sit.

“Are they fighting?”

Ignoring me, Suri offered Evie cookies. It was easy to find that the baker is Elizabeth Rogers. The aroma and decoration were had her signature. No matter how hard Savannah tries, she is still learning and will take her time to learn.

“Actually, they both are trying to prove their opinion to each other.” She explained.

Without waiting for more description, I walked with my broken ankle and see both boys rolling over each on the grass.

Rogers Vs Rossi.

The sons of Antonio Rossi and Mark Rogers-Schmidt were fighting. Both the father passed this hate to the next generation. Poor kids. They are fighting with each other without any reason.

“Boys... Stop.” I demanded but both stubborn boys dismissed me and continued to fight.

“Mama... This is a boo-boo.” Sylvia hugged my leg. Her gesture melted my heart. It's been days that someone showed me their concern. I was craving for this.

Kissing her head, I asked her to stay. I don't want her to get injured. Those hazel eyes frowned but accepted my request and held her brother tight while I dragged myself to the raging boys.

“Ti odio.” Elijah pulled Abioye's hair.
(I hate you)

“Altrettanto…” Abioye bite Elijah's palm.
(Same to you)

“Boys. Please don't hurt each other.” I requested but my words were in vain.

“Ma ... ich hasse ihn,” Abioye screamed.
(Ma... I hate him)

I couldn't understand which language Abioye Rogers used just now. A Few minutes back, Abi spoke Italian, he knows English and now this. I assume it to be German as the Schmidt family is originally from Germany.

“Abi... Please. You will hurt him.” I begged.

“Nessuno ha ferito un Rossi.” Elijah stopped and glared at me.
(No one hurt a Rossi)

“You are not ma.” Abi accused me and stopped to look at me.

I was busy with eye-wrestling with the elder Rogers brother when I tasted the ground. I consumed a moment to process that I was pushed on the ground by one of the child and yelled in agony.

“I wasn't looking.” Elijah sounded guilty.

“Mama... Boo-boo.” Max cried out.

“She's not ma.” Abioye cooed his brother.

“She is her sissy,” Eli claimed with proud.

“She's hurt. Kids.” Suri scolded them.

“Zio. Zio....” I heard another girl yelling.
(Uncle, uncle...)

“She is mama's sissy,” Sylvia asked.

I couldn't focus on the words. So many children around me kept asking so many questions. Everything felt so heavy.

“Principessa... Calm down.” I heard Valerio rushing towards me.
(Princess....)

Without my acknowledgement, I leaned to him and hugged him. I sobbed due to my discomfort but his warmth was comforting.

Holding me in his arms, he scooped me up and carried me to his bedroom. I could see children with blurry eyes, following us to the bedroom. Those small figures followed us like a shadow.

“Does it pain?” Valerio asked as soon as I was on the bed, but I couldn't answer him. “I can call your friend Denise back.”

“I can kiss the boo-boo.” Sylvia offered.

“No. Boo-boo needs a doctor,” Eli explained to her sister.

While both the sister were talking, Max crawled to my lap and struggled into my chest. My heart was overwhelmed, and I could imagine my baby in my lap.

“I am fine.” I managed to say. I wanted kids to enjoy, not to worry about me.

Valerio left us, and I was relieved to be with children. Everything was fine except Elijah and Abioye. Although, the boys had their differences in ages, but I could see that they both boys are as stubborn as their father.

“You look like mommy,” Eli claimed again. Why this girl is so persistent about it?

“What makes you think that?” I asked.

“You hair and eyes..... You look like her sister.” She explained.

“You haven't noticed?” Suri asked but I couldn't understand her. “You look like her darker version. Even Max has your shade of blue eyes.”

Their words echoed in my mind. Is it true that I look like Elizabeth Rogers?

“She looks like her.”

“Is she your sister.?”

“You look like her.”

Suddenly, every word were recollected in my memory. Lawyers asked us the same question during funeral. Old Thomas claimed the same, Mr Rossi senior stated the same.

Do I look like her?

Am I another Beth?

It was hard to control my curiosity but somehow I managed. I had this urge to see myself in the mirror. This is the same as August and Mark who didn't look like each other but were similar to each other. I was surprised to see Mark because, for me, Mark appeared August's brother. I was surprised no one noticed this. Furthermore, I even recall how August took the double look at me when we met during training with Mark.

August noticed my similarities with Beth.

When I looked at myself I realized Eli was right. She claimed I look like her mother, even asked me if I am Beth's sister. My brown hairs do sometimes look red, dark red. My blue eyes are a darker shade of blue. Just like Max.

“You wanted to talk?” Valerio asked, leaning on the door frame of the bathroom.

I nodded due to lack of words.

“But I know...” He looked furious. “You are fucking pregnant.” He barked.

Why do I feel he is not happy about it?