27. Mafia Prince

Valerio's POV

I am hungry. But, I am afraid to eat food. I am thirsty but the thought of drinking water scares me. I don't remember anything after my meal from anywhere and it's a mystery. It is Sarai who pointed out that my avoidance for food.

Feeling guilty and desperate for what happened last morning, I walked to her room and snuggled with into bed. It smells so much like her, as if she is here. Everything around here smells like her.

I recollect our first meeting, that girl with dark circles. I could feel her anxiety. She wanted something that she never disclosed until I had her history records.

She is Shawn's wife.

Shawn informed me about his wife being pregnant with twins. But presently, I don't see any child with her. Digging deep into her life, I learned about her miscarriage. The same day when Shawn died. She lost three important people of her life in one day. While we all were worried about Beth, there she was fighting to survive. When we were looking for August, she went to August and successfully brought his location with an escape plan. She fought for survival and even avenged within a short period. Even she killed Jennifer Garcia's ex-husband. Seriously, Women are the best managers.

Her absence is like a vacuum same as Beth, with nothing. When Rogers took Beth with him, I was devastated. I was more like destructive. It was hard to managed Eli. But Kate helped me.

My daughter, Eli is talkative as well as childish so everyone assumed her naive and weak but in the contrary, she's as strong as Beth. She hasn't only gained her looks but also her virtue, spirit from her mother, Elizabeth Rogers. Eli like a daughter was patient with me. She always used to aid my Injuries, and despite her fear, she used to sleep with me to make sure I sleep well. She never complained about my abnormalities. So when Rogers offered Eli to take him, I agreed. My Princess deserves a normal childhood, with all her siblings. I am satisfied with the way Rogers treat her. She's his baby girl. His Elizabeth junior.

“Pick up the call, bastard.” Rogers's voice echoed in the room. Scowling, I see his numerous calls. Well, I am not the bastard he is the real bastard.

“What do you want? I did what you want.” I rebuked him, snuggling with Sarai's blanket.

“I didn't ask you to have an affair with your assistant.”

“I couldn't come up with a plan.” Rolling my eyes, I smell the feminine scent that was available in the bed.

“So you used that naive girl.” He accused me.

“Listen, she seduced me. I took the opportunity, thinking this will divert my attention from Sarai.” I explained.

“I wanted you to stop using Sarai's body.”

“I didn't use her body.” I retorted.

“It feels so disgusting that you imagined my Elizabeth while using Sarai.”

“How will I imagine my Beth when I really never got a taste of her dedication of having sex with me?” I raised my voice. “I never witness her orgasm. So how will I visualize her beneath me?”

“She already lost Shawn... If you continue your ways with her. She will be shattered... You are messed up... Even your family...”

“If I am a messed up person, then you are a fucked up person. If my family messed up then your family is fucked up.”

I heard him laughing like a maniac. He is usually calm and this is the reaction, no one could expect from a man like him. This is the rare moment to live. Mark Rogers losing his patience.

“At least my family doesn't share the same woman.” He finally attacked.

“At least, my family doesn't promote incest.” I fired back.

“They were not aware of their real relations with each other before they got involved.” He successfully defended.

I wanted to defend my family but I couldn't. He is right. If Schmidt family is fucked up then Rossi were equally fucked up. Every family has their secret to hide.

“Rossi men have issues with loyalty. They can't stay loyal to their partners. And, I want Sara to have a normal life... To me, she's still that 17 years old girl who was standing on the stage naked being sold.” His voice softened. His care for her is unusual, as if he is bound to protect her unwillingly.

“I am not the unfaithful one,” I said.

“But you are involved in it. I know you desperately want to leave your family... But think about Kate, Sarah, at least Synn.”

“I am sleepy. So good night....”

“Mercenaries are near her. They attacked her. I am driving to her.” He said before hanging the call.

Someone attacked Sarai.

Storming into her walk-in closet, I didn't find any of my shirt. This woman must seriously return my belonging to the mansion. Kicking every bag, I found a man's sweatshirt.

Whose sweatshirt is this?

I'll fucking kill the man who touched her. I have to teach her to whom she belongs.

What about Rogers? My mind asked. Fuck him. I replied to my conscience.

Wearing the sweatshirt, I called Miles and demanded his presence in the hospital. No one hurts my Principessa.

I like that tattoo of her on her waist.

Driving fast, I reached the hospital without my security. I couldn't focus. I already lost Beth, Eli but somehow, I want Sarai with me, safe. I know she's capable enough to kill anybody she wants, but she's a little out of practice. Her punches are not effective the way Miles described. She was the best among them.

I was satisfied with the presence of my staff around the hospital. It was unrest everywhere. Miles did a good job but no one can replace Shawn, the best man ever who worked for me.

My heart had a tornado of emotions. Without acknowledging anybody, I searched everywhere possible to find Sarai, my Principessa. But when I saw her, my feet refused to follow my command. My body froze.

My Principessa was leaning on the wall while Dr Caius Solomon, my psychiatrist standing in front of her talking. They were smiling and appeared as if they were a long-lost friend.

The lights surrounding everything made her look beautiful. Her white dress perfectly suits her and her hair looked red...

She looks like her.