12. Perfect Home?

Sara's POV

Despite all the warning, I accepted the deal. I feared knowing that involving with Rossi will bring havoc in my life. Even trusting a mafia boss could dangerous, still I signed the deal.

They could betray me. My intuition warned me. But I ignored this, for the first time.

I will always have this doubt about anyone related to mafia, but I am ready to take risk. Risk is directly proportional to profit. I hope they wouldn't betray me. They have a reputation to preserve.

Mark warned me but refuse to tell me. Secret keeper. He is a man of his words. Whatever the matter is, his policies are stopping him to spill. His hazel eyes were desperate to stop me but my conditions were clear, I needed a strong reason to be stopped.

I was offered the same conditions by Mark that Leonard Rossi proposed but I rejected. Already I was given monthly allowance by his wife's foundation. I couldn't ask for more. I wanted to earn them. So that I could pass this to my child.

I am doing this for my mom and my child. I have been chanting this from the moment I signed the deal.

Heaving a sigh, I brought 2 pairs of dress. Since, my all clothes from the closet was stolen. It is so disgusting but even my lingerie were stolen. Thankfully, Savannah let me borrow a few of her dresses.

I still wonder what was so special about the clothes. Only mine and my husband's clothes.

It seems like something erroneous is about to happen and this will bring me down.

“He built this with lots of love.” Old butler said standing beside me, admiring the mansion. “For her.” I knew the her is Elizabeth Rogers.

“Yet he raped her every time.” I scoffed thinking if Valerio loved Beth so much then why he tortured her? Why he waited for Eli to be born? Suddenly, the birth of his daughter enlighten his feelings for the mother of his child.

“People have the habit of judging others.” He smiled as if he knew my words were blinded by the events.

People have the habit of judging others. This statement echoed in my mind. Yes, this is true people judge a lot. Just like everyone judged August, Vincent, and even Cora. All the Schmidt children faced hell and none of them ever imagined their survival was possible.

“I am not judging him. I am telling you that he did something wrong to an innocent girl.” I challenged him, reminding him that his Master Rossi destroyed an innocent girl, Elizabeth Bell/Rogers. She was sold to whore house, was forced to breed and sold again, when Mark set the bait to free her.

“Nothing is wrong or right. It matters of perception. If Mrs Rogers was the person who helped Mr Andrew Schmidt to kidnap Ms Suri then this was called her punishment by everyone, because she deserved it. Now, she was proven as innocent caught in a mafia fight, she became the victim.” He defended the Rossi family.

He has no idea about how it feels to be exploited by the rich families for entertainment. It is grieving, to be without any vision of the future. No hope. No dreams. At that moment, only wish to live matters.

All those people stuck in their kind of misery fight every day just to live. Even though they don't have hope or any dream to live for, but they are too strong to give up.

“I am Thomas.” He introduced himself. “I have been working with the family from the past 20 years.”

Thomas.

“I know a Thomas as well as.”

“But I am older. He must be as young as you.” I smiled at his words. His efforts to lighten the mood as evident. “You won't be staying here.” He added.

“Honestly, I am scared to be alone with him,” I admitted my fear. Who wouldn't be afraid of a strong Mafia prince?

Without words, we exchanged our fears. We both were too weak to fight against mafia families yet too stubborn to give up.

That's what life taught me.

I followed him. He walked the backyard of a mansion that has 5 houses built. This must be the servant quarters but it was too good to be a servants quarter. It was a house. Small house with porch.

“Since you are his caretaker. The nearest quarter belongs to you now. I already vacant it last week.” I wasn't surprised at all. Old Rossi knew that I would accept his offer, so he started my welcome from the day he offered me.

Walking inside the house that has only three-room, I felt as if this is my dream house. Drawing room and open kitchen was perfect. It could be my dream home. I always hated that my husband brought a big house for us when I told him that I want a small and cosy house.

Just like Rogers.

It was hard to believe that Rogers-Schmidt were the billionaire family. They live in Family house which sometimes fails to host their family gather that the couple have been doing to connect all the Schmidt. Even they use the family car for transportation.

“Decorate it the way you want.” Oldie Thomas said.

“I will. I want his schedule as well as his medicine.” Suddenly, I felt that I couldn't stay with another family full of secrets. I will finish my work and leave as soon as possible. I am here to help Valerio Rossi.

“That will be done.”

“I also need to talk to his new psychiatrist.”

He nodded before leaving.

Stuck alone in the small house with a bag of cloth and nothing. I called packers and movers to transport a few furniture.

Later that night, Butler Thomas informed me about Valerio business trip of 2 days and offered me stay in the guest room of the mansion. I tried to decline the offer but then agreed knowing that I had nothing to sleep on.

I was about to drift into sleep when the door of the guest room opened. In front of me stood, Valerio Rossi in his tired avatar. He is back.

“So rumours were right.” He smirked.

Seeing him in front of me, I covered my almost naked body and glared at him.

“I have seen better. Don't dream about me..... Sarai.” He mocked. “All the best.”