Epilogue II

Sara's POV

“Thank you.” Suddenly Beth's words caught my attention but what was thankful about being invited. I could feel my face signs of confusion. “For staying... For his sons.” She looked at my boys. Yes, my boys, my twins, Dante and Matteo. The little version of Valerio.

It was my 5th pregnancy with Valerio that surprisingly entered the third trimester. I was scared for my babies. Especially, about the twins. Dr Autumn Morris was sceptical about miscarriage and was worried about my mental health.

I was already showing signs of depression and continuous miscarriage was breaking me. That was a phase that made me realize the life of Both Mrs Rossi. Sarah and Katelyn. How the repetition of heartbreaking events damages you? Yet, they both were strong.

Sarah and Kate left letters for me asking not to give up on Valerio. They trusted him. His honesty. I don't know why, but I stayed. He didn't show me, but he cried after every miscarriage. He cried for our children. Not only that, but he was sorry for what happened to his children because of him. Furthermore, he thinks himself as guilty. Because he knew those secrets that destroyed his family. He never shows, but I know his every inch of the body, he is guilty.

“They are my miracle babies...” I said looking at my 1-year-old sons playing with Evie while Synn likes a protective elder brother buzzing around them.

“Yes, they saved everyone.” She expressed looking satisfied with the scene in front of her. “You were brave enough to not give up on him.”

“Even I am surprised that I am here.” Sighing, I rechecked dinosaur cake for Matteo and car cake for Dante. Handling twins is hectic. “How did you manage your twin's girls? Their birthday... Birthday of every child.”

“It is exhausting. But their smile makes the day.” She smiled and passed me her handmade cookies.

The presence of the Rogers family left me bewildered. It was another unexpected event but every one of them has been helping. Beth said the mama Rossi needed help. I almost cried when heard this. But I am not a Rossi. And, I doubt in the future I'll be married to Valerio. He avoids me only, he's near me when he's too drunk, and we end up having sex. Next morning, he behaves he doesn't remember anything. He will never forgive me.

But you forgive him. My mind argued, however, my feeling for him is stronger. I couldn't give up on us. We have a family to build. Children to love and an empire to re-establish.

Before my death, I planned to pass a successful Rossi empire to Synn, Elijah and my boys, Dante and Matteo. I intended to rebuild the strong Rossi family that everyone talked about. An ideal family where brothers were ready to die for each other and won't think twice to ruin the person who even dream about destroying Rossi.

“Where is Valerio?” Beth asked. Her question gave me chills. No matter how many times I assure myself that she's married to Mark and have 8 children but still, her affection for my Italian is well known. I hate the fact that she gave my Valerio his first child, Elizabeth Rossi.

“Where's Mark?” I asked her, to remind her about her husband.

“He went for gift shopping.” She rolled her eyes and busied herself to work on the 3rd cake. “If you are so jealous then why don't you wear a ring.”

“Despite marriage, you are jealous when a woman even look at your husband.” I fired back with a force to smile.

After studying me, she smiled as her reply. Even after all these years, we are jealous of each other. People call us sisters sometimes, this is another reason that we avoid each other.

“I feel the tension in the air.” Savannah was back with an empty tray. “Kids jumped... It was amazing. I will include your milkshakes in my menu.” She chirped.

My heart was swollen with proud. I have been receiving these types of comments from the day I started making shakes. Initially, I wanted to prepare for Evie but later, I realized the magic, when Elijah demanded it. He wasn't aware that I am the one who made it. However, I was happy with his smile. That was enough.

“Little Rossi are eager for Papa.” Savannah reminded me before leaving with Beth to my boys. My boys are the centre of attraction. I was a proud mama.

I was terrified when I learnt my 5th pregnancy with Valerio. Not only that, but I imagined the worst but after delivery, It took me three months to recover. It was Dr Nathaniel Anderson who refused to give up and saved my boys, as well as me. I almost died but he was determined. I wanted to thank him, but he glared at me and ordered to take care of his grandchildren in the absence of his daughter, Kate. He claimed his grandchildren are my responsibility since I was the one who broke his daughter. Little did he know, that his grandchildren were the one who saved me all these years.

Both Elijah and Evie helped to stay strong after all my miscarriages. I had to smile for them, they were my source of determination. Elijah and Evie are my hope while my boys are my miracles.

“There are a lot of people.” I heard Valerio approaching me. My Italian man usually avoids me but always fails.

“This is their day... They fought and won.” I smiled and helped him to take off his tie. Despite his messy hair, he looked handsome as hell. I will never get enough of him. Every day, he looked handsome, just like my sons. Well it's in the gene. All the Rossi looked handsome.

“It's a family function... She needs to leave.” Elijah yelled pointed at me. This boy is just like his Zio. He will never accept that he considers me as his family but if I went missing, he ruins the house.

“She's the only mama Rossi in the world.” Valerio retorted and helped me walk to our boys, who were beaming at their parents, at us.

“She's not Rossi.” Elijah protested.

“I don't need a ring to be Rossi.” I finally attacked at him.

“She loves me... I love her.” Evie hugged me and glared at her brother.

“Even I love you... Our family.” I kissed her forehead but my words for every one of us. “Family is forever.” I knew I was right.