CHAPTER 37 - ❝we have to figure out how we're going to get out of here❞

CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN“WE HAVE TO FIGURES OUT HOW WE'RE GOING TO GET OUT OF HERE"

“WE HAVE TO FIGURES OUT HOW WE'RE GOING TO GET OUT OF HERE"

SCARLETT DEL GATO

“I love this new side of you: being a fierce bitch and all, but how are we going to get out of here without being seen?” My brother asks me. “Diablo And Vincent has people on watch almost everywhere. It would be impossible to leave here.”

I was staring out of the window, seeing the sun start to come up again. Heaven only knows for how long I’ve actually been staring out of the window, thinking of how we’re going to get out of here in time before they plan their attack on the Castiglione brothers and the three J’s.

The thought of any of them dying made my heart palpitate inside my chest.

I shrug half-heartedly and walk back to the unmade bed before I plop myself down onto it. “I don’t know, Toni. But we have to figure something out soon. We already wasted enough time knocking and waiting for them to unlock the door, but no one came for hours.”

Antonio sighs and runs his fingers through his tousled hair. “The only thing we can do now is wait for one of the guards to bring us food and water then we can attack him and leave the house.” He suggests and I nod.

“It’s better than jumping out of a three storey mansion.” I tell him, brushing my fingers through my hair. “But if the guy comes to give us food, how do we leave here without guns or weapons? They’ll be everywhere like you said.”

My brother frowns, deep in thought. “The first time they brought me here, I saw an armoury room. There are a lot of guns to choose from. If we can get to that room, we can leave here, armed and ready.”

I nod.

It was a good damn idea but it’s the thought of getting to the armoury room that’s getting to me. It won’t be that easy, my brother knew it and I definitely knew it.

Nothing is easy these days.

“That’s the only chance we have then.” I tell my brother. “But are you fit enough to fight, Antonio? You look unfit to fight, and weak.”

Antonio chuckles. “I will be fine, Scarlett.” He says, dismissing me with the wave of his hand. “The only thing I’m worried about now is getting to the brothers and telling them the truth about everything. That’s the only thing keeping me going right now is getting you out of here alive.”

• • •

We didn’t wait too long for someone to bring food, but when the door to the room finally clicked open, it wasn’t just a random guy bringing us food and water like we had hoped.

It was Vincent and he looked awfully pleased to see us.

“I hope the two of you caught up,” he pauses, grabbing me by the arm and hauling me up to a standing position, “because now it’s time to separate the two of you.”