CHAPTER 09 - ❝his piercing gaze❞

CHAPTER NINE"HIS PIERCING GAZE"

CHAPTER NINE
"HIS PIERCING GAZE"

SCARLETT DEL GATO

I wrap a towel around my body, letting my loose hair flail against my back as I leave the bathroom. My skin was red from the hot bubble bath I had and the air inside the bathroom was thick and steamy.

The steam washes out of the door as I opened it.

It was crazy and completely reckless to do something like this in a house full of men—mafia men—but when I saw no one stalking the hallways, ready to catch an eyeful once they see me in only a towel, I made a break for it and I ran to my room as fast as I could without bumping into anyone.

I close my bedroom door behind me and released a breath of relief when no one saw me wrapped in nothing but a towel, my body damp from the steam that came from the bathroom.

But as I flung around to go to my dresser to see if there was anything else I could wear for today, I see the brothers seated on the foot of my bed, looking directly at me wrapped in nothing but a grey towel to cover up the important bits of my entire body.

I go completely still, my mouth falling open.

I didn't expect them to be in here.

"I, uh... What are you guys doing here?" I ask, gripping the towel around my body tighter to keep it from slipping down.

Vito blinks slowly as he tried to look at my face instead of my bare legs.

Giovanni however cleared his throat when he noticed a few water droplets running down my bare legs and the parts of my chest that wasn't covered with the towel.

"What are you doing in my room?" I ask again. My voice betrayed me by being squeaky. The grip around the towel tightened even more.

Giovanni's gaze flickers back to my face.

I suck in a deep breath, seeing his eyes turning this darker shade of blue.

I don't know if he was angry or if the sight in front of him amused him.

I could never tell.

A conversation I had with Eden a few weeks ago popped into my mind: "They can kill you just because you're wearing something that can give them a hard-on."

I was wearing nothing but a towel wrapped around my body.

My heart started to beat uncontrollably inside my chest at the thought. I felt it pounding against my ribcage.

My hand was trembling slightly as it held onto the towel and I felt a droplet of sweat rolling down my forehead.

I wasn't hot from the bath. I was hot from his penetrating gaze.