CHAPTER 03 - ❝wrong choice of weaponry❞

CHAPTER THREE │ WRONG CHOICE OF WEAPONRY

SCARLETT DEL GATO

By the time Giovanni made it to the bed, I had the night lamp already pulled from the plug and held it steadily in both of my hands as my defence against him.

I was ready to smack him over the head with it if he dares come near me or touch me with those big, calloused hands of his that were most likely covered with more blood than I could imagine.

My heart hammers against my ribcage, when I saw that evil dimple of his when he smirked at me.

He chuckles when he sees my choice of weaponry—the lamp being clutched in both my hands—but I keep my hands higher, ready to attack him if need be.

If he doesn’t touch me, I won’t attack, but if he dare lays a finger on me or any part of my body, I won’t hesitate to smack him over the head with the lamp.

He steps to the side of the bed and was a few feet in front of me in a matter of seconds. It was probably those tall legs of his giving him an advantage. “Very cute.” He says when I held my hands with the lamp even higher if that was even possible. The cord of the lamp grazed my knee. “That’s really cute.”

“Stay away from me you psycho.” I hated that my voice quivered.

“Drop the lamp, sweetheart.” The tone he used and the fact that he just called me sweetheart ran chillingly over me, making me shiver from head to toe.

I swallow hard. “I said stay away from me—” Before I could finish my sentence, Giovanni snatches the lamp from my hands. I felt empty without it and all I could do was stare at him as he moved toward me like a lion stalking its prey.

I start to move backward while he stalked forward and to my utter dismay, my back hits the wall. He was so close to me that I could actually smell his cologne.

His warm breath fans my face when he spoke and my entire body erupted in another shiver. “Not so strong without your little lamp now. Are you—” This time he was the one to get cut off.

My survival instincts kicked in.

I kicked him in the crotch, my knee actually hurt from the blow. Giovanni groans, letting the lamp fall to the ground. The lamp shatters as soon as it made contact with the marble floors and glass scrunches and cracks underneath his shoes when he falls backwards, clutching his aching crotch.

His hands were holding his crotch and his eyes were screwed shut from the blow my knee inflicted. “Not so tough now, are you?” I ask, stepping over his body lying on the floor before I made a break to the door that was slightly ajar.

When I leave the room, I close the door behind me but I curse colourfully under my breath when I didn’t see a lock on the door. I wanted to lock Giovanni inside that cage of a room, but seeing that there were no locks, I had to run, and fast.