CHAPTER 42 - ❝I thought I lost her❞

CHAPTER FORTY TWO"I THOUGHT I LOST HER"

CHAPTER FORTY TWO
"I THOUGHT I LOST HER"

GIOVANNI CASTIGLIONE

Both the blood transfusion and operation was successful. The bullet didn’t cause a lot of damage to the artery it hit, the only thing that caused a little panic was the fact that Scarlett lost a lot of damn blood but Kallie did an amazing job to repair her leg without any complications.

Scarlett’s leg was closed up and bandaged after Kallie cleaned the leg properly, Kallie also had to stick a string of glue stitches onto Scarlett’s nose where there was a small but slightly deep cut.

Scarlett’s vitals were merely back to normal, her cheeks were pinker than it was moments before and her breathing was stabilised and stronger.

I couldn’t help but release a relieved breath, holding Scarlett’s hand in mine knowing she was going to be okay after all and that our prayers were heard.

Now all I was waiting for is for Scarlett to wake up.

The news travelled all over the mansion and the three j’s along with Vito were filled with sheer relief knowing that she was going to be okay.

But while they were relieved about her successful operation and cheering about it, I thought about all the ways I’m going to kill Vincent for ever speaking to Scarlett in the first place, and for laying his filthy hands on her.

Antonio knew it too.

“I told you our girl was strong.” Antonio says, blowing out his cheeks.

“‘Our girl’, you say? I thought I was going to get some sort of older brother speech about dating his little sister.”

“Well, when she wakes up, you’re going to get one helluva speech about it. So you better be ready.” He says, raising his eyebrows in a threatening manner.

Despite the shit going on right now, I still managed a chuckle, looking at my best friend whom I thought was dead up until yesterday.

“On a more serious note… thank you for taking care of her.” Antonio says.  “If it wasn’t for you taking her in, I don’t know where the hell she would’ve ended up… I can’t begin to imagine what would’ve happened if Vincent sunk his claws into her.”

“Are you going to kill me if I tell you that I actually didn’t want her in the mansion in the first place? Vito insisted on bringing her here so I just had to go with it.”

“She told me that you didn’t quite like her a lot when she… you know… but I’m glad you took her in anyways. Now she’s stronger than ever, and I have you to thank for that.”

“Giovanni?”

Both of our heads turn to Scarlett and we see her awake, her eyes drifting between the two of us like she can’t believe that she’s here right now.