CHAPTER 12 - ❝good day turned into a worst nightmare❞

CHAPTER TWELVE"GOOD DAY TURNED INTOA WORST NIGHTMARE"

CHAPTER TWELVE
"GOOD DAY TURNED INTO
A WORST NIGHTMARE"

SCARLETT DEL GATO

I find Vito sitting in the kitchen next morning.

He was twirling his finger over the rim of his coffee cup and playing around on his phone with the other. He notices me waltzing into the kitchen and smiles softly at me.

I sit down next to him on one of the antique wooden chairs in front of the kitchen island.

Amelia was here too, busy frying bacon in a non-stick pan on the stove.

She smiles over her shoulder when she sees me and turns back to frying the bacon in front of her. She scoops the bacon out and sets them in a plate that was already full of greasy but good-looking bacon.

She then grabs the black-handled kettle from the other stove plate before she pours water in a cup. She pushes the steaming cup of hot coffee toward me, as well as a small plate with sugar cubes and a spoon.

She disappears out of the kitchen before I could thank her for the coffee.

"You're not dressed." I posit, looking at his two piece flannel set of pyjamas. "I assume you're not coming with us?"

Giovanni knocked on my door at the crack of dawn this morning, demanding me that I should take a shower and that I should get ready so that he could get this day over and done with.

But now I wish I haven't listened to him because here I am, drinking coffee already while he's not even ready yet.

"No," Vito says, lifting his shoulder in a half-shrug, "I have some business to attend to today so I won't be joining you, although it would've been nice to go on an outing with the two of you." He smiles.

"It's okay." I tell him, taking the cup of coffee in my hands. "Sometimes I just forget that the two of you are business men and don't have time to do normal things like shopping and going out whenever you want."

I was a little bit nervous going out with only the one Castiglione brother seeing that we don't exactly have the best relationship with each other, although things have been going great lately, but I was still nervous nonetheless. Giovanni still scared me sometimes, especially if he gets this glint in his eyes, telling me that he might do something stupid.

Vito must've sensed my nervousness because he chuckles after he took a sip of his coffee. "Don't worry. Giovanni will take good care of you and I'm sure he would put the annoyance of going shopping aside to make the day as good and fun as possible."

"It's not that." I shake my head, taking a sip of my coffee after I dropped in three sugar cubes and stirring it with a small spoon. "I just-I don't want anyone to recognise me. I don't want anyone to call the cops on Giovanni for kidnapping me and knowing Giovanni, he'd cause a scene deliberately."