CHAPTER 46.02 - ❝betrayal comes from the people you least expect❞

CHAPTER FORTY SIXPART TWO“BETRAYAL COMES FROM THE PEOPLE WE LEAST EXPECT”

CHAPTER FORTY SIX
PART TWO
“BETRAYAL COMES FROM THE PEOPLE WE LEAST EXPECT”

SCARLETT DEL GATO

I contemplated going downstairs to help Giovanni and the rest of the boys—to fight beside them like I told Giovanni just a few minutes ago—but when more gunshots went off downstairs, I decided to stay put.

It wasn’t something I wanted to do, but Giovanni was right.

He won’t be able to focus if I was beside him because he would worry about me and it would throw his focus away, away from where his focus should really be—killing the White Pistols and Vincent once and for all.

I hear a knock at my door and inhaled deeply when the door opened and Mikael stepped through the door. He had his gun out and ready.

“Giovanni said that it wasn’t safe here anymore. Come with me.” He says and something about his tone feels off. He wasn’t worried; he was okay for someone who’s fighting a war right now.

“Where’s Giovanni?” I ask him, feeling a frown settling between my eyebrows.

If it wasn’t safe here anymore, Giovanni would’ve come to me himself, not send someone in his place to do so, especially not someone like Mikael.

“There isn’t time. Come with me now.” He urges but right when I wanted to argue with him again—ask him where Giovanni was—he grabs me by the wrist and pulls me out of my room with a leg that was still not working as efficiently like I wanted it to.

Once we made our way down the stairs, I turn my head slightly to look at Mikael walking behind me, his grip still strong and tight around my wrist. “Where are you taking me?”

Mikael was leading me to the danger—not out of it—and I only realised it when we were done walking down the stairs and instead of leading me to the front door like I expected him to, he leads me out to the back.

• • •

GIOVANNI CASTIGLIONE

A lot of thoughts crossed my mind today like how the White Pistols knew what we planning and when we were planning our attack, but when I spot my dad standing next to Vincent himself, I had my answer.

Our dad sold us out.

He couldn’t have a life here anymore so he chose to move to the other side—the side he hated the most.  But what I don’t know is what he told them and in exchange for what… but I was bound to find out soon.

The three j’s were crouched behind the water fountain, Vito and I were standing behind the guard’s cars, and the rest of the guards were all scattered across the front of the mansion, along with Antonio, ready to shoot if someone were to enter the front gates.