CHAPTER 08 - ❝I dare you to hit me!❞

CHAPTER EIGHT"I DARE YOU TO HIT ME"

CHAPTER EIGHT
"I DARE YOU TO HIT ME"

SCARLETT DEL GATO

I woke up the next morning with a full belly.

The food Vito brought to my room yesterday was more than enough to fill me right up, so much that I couldn't eat all the meatballs and broccoli.

The plate has been taken by someone—probably the same girl who brought me water and food the first day I woke up in the mansion.

She only smiled at me when she entered my room and she took my plate so fast, she nearly dropped the fork when she tried to flee the room.

I guess she didn't like my company, or she's not allowed to talk to me.

But I was well fed, and I was clean too.

Yesterday—after the talk I had with Vito—I stalked around in the hallways trying to find a bathroom so that I could shower or take a bath, but when I didn't find any bathrooms anywhere, Giovanni was the one who had to direct my path seeing that his office was the closest to my room.

I found him in his office again, frowning at a stack of papers lying on the desk in front of him but when he saw me, his frown faltered and he plastered on a fake smile.

Although he wasn't very chatty when he showed me to the bathroom, he still tried to be civil. He didn't even smirk once, and that told me that he was trying to tolerate me—just like how I tried to tolerate him.

Once I was in the bathroom yesterday, I locked the door behind me.

The entire bathroom had matching grey-coloured, glazed fixtures that gave every surface a beautiful shine-the toilet, the bath tub, the sink, the countertops were made out of marble, just like the floors, and there was a circular mirror mounted to the wall right above the sink.

I found an unopened toothbrush hiding in the counter and used that to brush my teeth.

There wasn't a hairbrush of some kind, so I had to use my fingers as a replacement. It didn't work as efficiently, but it helped.

There were grey towels to match the theme of the bathroom resting on a shelving unit and I used one of those comfortable towels to dry my hair and to wrap it around my body yesterday when I made my way to my room.

After I was done taking a bath, the entire bathroom smelled like shampoo and perfume.

For the first time since I woke up here, I felt like myself again.

I yawn, covering my mouth with the back of my hand. A few strands of sunlight filtering through the curtains caused me to squint, but it was nice to see the sun again.

At least today wouldn't be so cold again.

I stretch my limbs, conjuring up enough strength to sit up.