CHAPTER 11 - ❝in a Castiglione brother's arms❞

CHAPTER ELEVEN"IN A CASTIGLIONE BROTHER'S ARMS"

CHAPTER ELEVEN
"IN A CASTIGLIONE BROTHER'S ARMS"

SCARLETT DEL GATO

I was seated on the couch when I saw the same woman who brought me a tray of food and water to my room when I woke up in the mansion walking down the hall where she came from the kitchen.

She had an apron wrapped around her waist and her thick black hair was tied into a tight bun at the back of her head. The diamond necklace shimmered underneath the glow of the chandelier above her.

I jump to my feet, feeling embarrassment washing over me when I ran over to her-right before she stepped on the first stair. I caught her just in time.

She flings around, shocked that I was running after her like a madman. She frowns at me, smoothing down her hair to avoid eye contact with me, but at least she tried to be polite with the small smile she was giving me.

"Can I ask you something?" I ask her, feeling heat rush to my cheeks.

"S-sure." She stammers, her eyes drifting to the ground every so often just so that she doesn't have to make eye contact with me.

I held onto the railing of the staircase, staring up at her. "I was wondering if you knew where the clothes that were in my, uh, the bathroom on the fourth floor was. I, uh, washed it and left it over the edge of the bath tub to dry and when I went to go check, it wasn't there anymore."

"Yes." She answers sweetly. "Mr Castiglione has asked me to wash it. He wants me to have it in your room as soon as it's ready, Miss uh..." She frowns at herself. "Miss." She finishes, giving up trying to figure out what my name was.

"It's Scarlett." I tell her. "And Mr Castiglione, you say... Which one asked you to wash my clothes for me?" I ask.

I feel my entire neck and face heat up. Giovanni saw that I was wearing his pair of boxers. I swear I have never felt that embarrassed in my entire life before, but desperate times calls for desperate measures.

I can't erase the picture of his blushed face from my mind though, and I can't believe he was the one who noticed that I was wearing it in the first place.

I knew it was risky-the dress they provided for me was too short and they would've noticed the pair of boxers underneath the dress-but I wore it anyways because I wanted to explore the mansion with something underneath the dress rather than prodding around completely naked underneath.

But nothing was said about the pair of boxers.

I couldn't be more relieved.

"Mr Giovanni did, Miss Scarlett." She answers, dipping her head in a quick nod before she turns on her heels to run up the staircase.

I was left standing at the bottom of the staircase, staring at her retreating back. I wonder what I did for her to avoid my presence so much.

"Bothering Amelia, I see." Giovanni chuckles. He was standing a few stairs above me, I had to tilt my head to look at him.