CHAPTER 25 - ❝making a deal❞

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE“MAKING A DEAL”

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE
“MAKING A DEAL”

SCARLETT DEL GATO

Eden pulls me into an empty classroom before school the next morning. And not gently, either.

I felt her cat-like talons digging into my wrist as she hauled me into the nearest and empty classroom.

I actually had to pry her hand off of my wrist before her nails would draw blood.

When she finally let go of my wrist, I rub it and glare at my best friend wondering why she had pulled me into an empty classroom so early in the morning.

She doesn’t say anything when she walks over to one of the desks before she sits down on the edge of one. She looks at me looking like she’s waiting for an explanation of some sorts with the way her arms were folder across her chest.

I narrow my eyes at her. “Can you at least tell me why I’ve been pulled into an empty classroom like I’m being reprimanded for my sins?” I ask her, the sarcasm dripping off my tongue.

“I’ve seen the news, Scar.” She says. “There was a damn shootout in the week and to make matters worse, I saw the same car Giovanni always drops you off in the mornings in flames and completely totalled. And when you didn’t come to school, I only expected the worst…”

My eyes soften.

I suddenly felt so bad for making her worry about me.

“I’m sorry.” I apologize to her. “I should’ve told you what happened.”

She sighs. “You have a lot of time to tell me right now.” She says, giving me a stern look. “You had me worried, Scar.”

I clear my throat, wanting to avoid this conversation with her but I don’t think she’s going to let me leave this classroom without an explanation.

I decided to tell her the truth because she’s my best friend and she needs to know what has been happening.

“Uh, we might’ve been involved in the shootout, yes.” I tell her, remembering the guy who attacked me back at my house being the one who attacked us again when we drove back to the mansion. “But they attacked first but we made it out okay.”

Barely.

Giovanni’s still battling with his shoulder. He took it out of the brace because it started to get too uncomfortable for him after a while, so he decided to take it off. He obviously ignored my pleas into letting him keep it on, so I finally just gave up. If he hurts himself more just because he was uncomfortable, that’s up to him.

“You could’ve gotten killed!” Eden shakes her head.

“Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, Eden.” I tell her. “Everyone came out of there alive. Well, except for the guy who attacked us.” I add, remembering his totalled car and the wounds he had on his body from being shot at.