CHAPTER 40 - ❝unexpected everything❞

CHAPTER FORTY“UNEXPECTED EVERYTHING”

CHAPTER FORTY
“UNEXPECTED EVERYTHING”

GIOVANNI CASTIGLIONE

There was a lot of things I expected to go down today, like the fact that the three j’s, Vito and I were preparing for a war… but hearing a knock at the door and opening it only to see that it was a very out-of-breath Antonio carrying Scarlett in his arms…that was something I did not expect at all.

She was unconscious with a tourniquet wrapped around her bleeding thigh. Her eyes were closed and her skin was ghostly pale in colour.

My heart immediately sinks and my thoughts go straight to the White Pistols and how I’m going to kill them all for laying their hands on my Scarlett.

“Before you decide to kill me… help me to get her to Kallie first and then you can kill me right after.” Antonio says before I take Scarlett from his arms before I lift her into mine.

“Now is not the time to fool around, Antonio. Tell me what happened to her.” I tell him, feeling my heart slow down inside my chest just staring at the girl I love practically dying in my arms.

Antonio’s pants were soaked with her blood as I walked with her in my arms, more blood drips to the hardwood floor, through the tourniquet she had wrapped around her leg.

“What the hell happened?” Vito asks too when he saw that I was carrying Scarlett and that Antonio was close on my heels, they followed close behind.

“There’s no time to explain, she has already lost so much blood.” Antonio replies before I reach the staircase.  “We need to get to Kallie.”

Vito didn’t question how Antonio was here, hell, I didn’t either, all we cared about is getting Scarlett to Kallie, the rest can wait until she’s out of the danger zone.

I wasted no more time running up the stairs and to the infirmary where Kallie was sitting… the staircase never felt so long before. Kallie jumps out of her seat when she sees me carrying Scarlett who was limp in my arms, with blood still dripping to the floor.

“What happened to her?” She asks, glancing between Antonio and me, and to the rest of the boys who decided to follow.

I set Scarlett down on the bed and turn to Antonio, waiting for him to tell us what happened to her so Kallie can take out the necessary tools to help Scarlett.

And Antonio had the answers she was looking for, and all of us were waiting in anticipation to hear his reply.

It was clear that she was severely hurt, but we needed details, Kallie needed the details so she can prepare everything for Scarlett — possibly even a blood transfusion with how much blood she lost.

Heaven knows how much she lost on the way and it was one helluva walk for Antonio if he was at the White Pistols’ mansion and he walked all the way here.