CHAPTER 10 - ❝sharing a secret❞

CHAPTER TEN“SHARING A SECRET”

CHAPTER TEN
“SHARING A SECRET”

VITTORIO CASTIGLIONE

I hear the voices on the television talking when Giovanni saunters into the living room, looking like he has won the lottery with the big ass grin he had glued onto his face.

The clank of the recliner was opened as he plopped himself down onto it.

I tilt my head, looking at him when he laid his head back against the headrest of the seat, looking at the ceiling.

“Did you talk to her without making her cry this time?” I ask him but he ignores my questions and keeps looking at the ceiling while his finger drummed his thigh.

I smack his shoe, earning a glare coming from him when he finally snapped out of whatever had him so deep in thought. “What, little brother?” he asks, clearly annoyed that I interrupted his thoughts.

“I asked you a question, dumbass.” I tell him, seeing him shake his head at the nickname I gave him. “I asked you if you talked to Scarlett without making her cry this time.”

Sounds were coming from the kitchen, telling me that Amelia was busy making breakfast for this morning. The smell of eggs, burnt toast just how I liked it, greasy bacon and sweet blueberry pancakes fills my nostrils, making my stomach groan in response.

“I guess we had a little bonding time after you left.” Giovanni says, the grin on his face still evident.

I sit up on the couch, facing him with a frown settled between my eyebrows. “Bonding time you say? That is highly unlikely seeing that she hates your ass and thinks you are a psychopath.” I chuckle.

Seeing the grin on my brother’s face was definitely something else. I was used to seeing a scowl and an occasional lip twist every so often. But a grin? That shit sure as hell was scarce. I definitely had to enjoy it while it lasted.

He wipes his face with his hand, trying to wipe away the grin but to no avail. It was still there. He was happy for the first time in forever, so I granted him this small piece of happiness he was having.

“If you say something about me being happy, I will literally kill you, little brother.” Giovanni threatens, glaring at me sideways.

I throw my hands up into the air in surrender. “I just wanted to say that you must be so glad that you didn’t pull the trigger after all, big brother.” I tell him. “If you did, you wouldn’t be smiling so widely right now.”

He nods, agreeing with my statement.

“Fine.” He admits, raking his fingers through his hair. “I like her enough not to kill her every time I see her. We’re working through some shit together so cut me some slack here. At least I am trying to be something else other than a psychopathic devil.” He says, picking his lighter and cigarettes out of his suit jacket before he lights one, placing it in between his teeth.