CHAPTER 21 - ❝slow the hell down!❞

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE“SLOW THE HELL DOWN!”

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
“SLOW THE HELL DOWN!”

GIOVANNI CASTIGLIONE

I was seated in front of Vito’s desk in his office, looking at all the shit he has piled up on his desk: colourful sticky notes, a calculator, black pens, business cards, a box of opened tissues and a stack of papers scattered everywhere across his entire mahogany island desk.

Not even my desk was so messy, but if he knows where everything is located underneath all that loose papers and shit he has everywhere on his desk, then good for him, I guess.

I throw my left leg over my right, sighing deeply as I waited for him to end his call. He was talking to one of Dad’s associates seeing that he couldn’t get in touch with Papà directly.

When Vito finally ends the call after for what felt like a few hours later, he sets his phone down onto his desk, heaving a big sigh of his own.

“There’s still no update on Papà.” He says, raking his fingers through his hair. “Papà’s associate says he can’t get into touch with him either.”

I shrug. “Maybe he’ll call back later from wherever he is.” I tell him.

Vito nods and then intertwines his hands before he rests them on the desk in front of him, over the loose papers. “You wanted to talk to me?”

I nod. “Scarlett came up with this strange theory today when I dropped her off at school.” I tell him.

I don’t know why it bothered me so much, but what she said this morning about the nightmare she had the previous night was nagging me and I needed to talk to Vito about it before I lose my damn mind.

Vito frowns. “What theory, big brother?”

I run my fingers through my hair, ruffling it a little bit before I let my hands fold in my lap. “She said she had a nightmare the other day right before we went shopping and when we went to that clothing store and she saw Vincent lying on the floor, a sense of déjà vu washed over her.”

Vito doesn’t say anything. He beckons for me to continue instead.

“Vincent was lying in the exact same position her brother was lying in her nightmare. He was shot in the stomach, just like her brother was in real life.” I tell him, feeling nauseas just thinking about everything.

“That was just some coincidence, maybe.” Vito says.

I shake my head slowly, licking my sudden dry lips. “You don’t understand, Vito… Today she told me about the nightmare she had the previous night. She saw a silhouette outside her window of her house, in the nightmare.”

I pause, taking a deep breath before continuing.

“Someone shot her brother from the outside. Glass shattered, telling me that they—whoever was outside the window—shot Antonio through the glass. She didn’t say anything about me being the one who shot Antonio.”