CHAPTER 46.01 - ❝the war has arrived❞

CHAPTER FORTY SIX PART ONE“THE WAR HAS ARRIVED”

CHAPTER FORTY SIX
PART ONE
THE WAR HAS ARRIVED”

SCARLETT DEL GATO

One step forward… perfect.

Another step forward, my leg wobbles and threatens to give in from underneath me but luckily Giovanni had his arms secured around my waist from the front like we were slow dancing in a fancy dance room.

“You’re doing great, my love.” He says, placing a kiss against my forehead.

“We’ve been doing this non-stop for over three days now, Giovanni…” I tell him, shaking my head frustratingly before I sit down on the bed right behind me.

He lets go of my waist only to grab a hold of my hands, holding it into his ever so gently while his thumbs caresses my hands.

“And you’ve improved a lot in the last three days.” He says, crouching down in front of me with my hands still in his. He was so tall that he was nearly the same height as me, even when crouched.

“I appreciate you trying to hype me up and everything… but I can’t fight if I’m not ready, Giovanni, and I really want to fight beside you.” I tell him, sighing afterwards.

“Will I be a douche if I tell you that I’d be relieved if you can’t fight beside me?” He smiles slyly.

I roll my eyes at him. “You’re not changing my mind. I am fighting with you, good leg or no good leg, but fight I will fight.”

He shrugs. “A guy can try right?”

“Let’s try again, shall we?” I ask him and he nods, getting up from his crouched position before he pulls me up from the bed, making sure I have my balance just right like he always did before I would start to walk.

“Just take it slow. Good things take time.”

“Shut up, smart ass. I’m trying here—”

“They’re here!” Someone shouts from the first floor and I can only assume that the shouting was coming from Mikael.

Giovanni frowns before he lets go of my hands to walk over to my bedroom window. He pushes the blinds to the side and peeks outside. “Fuck.” He mutters under his breath before he storms to the door.

“Stay here, Scarlett.” He says before he leaves the room, leaving me staring after him like I just got dumped.

He shuts the door and I’m left standing close to the bed, trying to figure out what the hell was going on, but when the first of the gunshots went off, I knew exactly what was going on.

They were here. The White Pistols were here.

I drag my foot to the window and try to see where the shots were coming from, but a gasp escapes my lips when I see an entire horde of Vincent’s men and their cars just outside of the front gates of the mansion.

The guard who usually stayed by the gate to open and close it was laying on the floor with blood gushing from his stomach where he was shot. He was unmoving - he was definitely dead.

My heart drops to the ground.

This wasn’t supposed to happen. We were supposed to go to their mansion and take them by surprise first, not the other way around…

I spot Vincent through his horde of people and he looks up to the window, it’s like he was expecting me to look through it. I swear my breath hitched inside my throat when his eyes locked on mine.

He lifts his fingers to his head, pretending to shoot himself in the head when he did that and I see him smirk at me.

I knew it.

The nightmare I got right before I woke up after getting shot… it was going to become true… Vincent’s going to kill me and he’s going to enjoy doing it, with a smile even.

I close the blinds of my window quickly, feeling panic well up inside of me at the thought of going to die at the hands of Vincent Scott. He’s going to kill me and everyone around me that I love: my brother, Giovanni, Vito, the three J’s…

We’re all going to die.