CHAPTER 16 - ❝a drenched mafia man❞

CHAPTER SIXTEEN“A DRENCHED MAFIA MAN”

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
“A DRENCHED MAFIA MAN”

SCARLETT DEL GATO

The sunlight filters through the trees around the patio deck.

I was seated on a cushioned chair that afternoon, letting myself bask in the warm sunlight. I soak up the heat of the sunlight and let my face fall backwards I could look up at the sky, feeling the warmth of the sun everywhere.

The day was beautiful, and even more so when we weren’t drowning in rainwater or the coldness like we did during the week. I don’t think I have ever seen that much rain in one week in my entire life.

The wind chime chimes when a soft breeze came through the trees.

The insects were buzzing all around and the birds were chirping in the trees. I even spotted a beautiful bumblebee sitting on one of the dandelions that were growing in the grass.

I smile.

The patio door slides open and closed behind me and I tilt my head just enough to see Giovanni with yet another shopping bag in his hand. He and Jason went for a drive an hour ago and now only arrived seeing that he was here right now with a shopping bag in his hand.

I eye the shopping bag warily.

The clothes he bought for me was more than enough.

“I know you didn’t want to go with Jason and me to the mall again so I did the shopping for you.” He says, coming to a stop in front of me when he extends his hand so he could hand me the shopping bag. “I bought you every single pen you can ever need, in every colour too. I also got you a few notebooks and a new school bag.”

My mouth falls open and I stare at him wide-eyed without taking the bag from his hands. I was too shocked to move, for that matter. “I use a simple blue pen, Giovanni. Not the name-brands you use!”

He shrugs, beckoning for me to take the bag from his hands. “Well, at least you have extra pens. I don’t have to worry about getting more in the future.” He says with a smile on his lips.

I finally just take the bag from his hand, nearly dropping it to the floor by the weight of it. I didn’t expect everything to fit inside this bag, but by some miracle it did and how it didn’t rip while he was holding it this entire time was beyond me.

“Thank you, Giovanni.” I tell him.

“You’re welcome.” He mutters under his breath before he disappears up the patio steps and the door to the patio slides shut behind him not long after.

I can’t believe he went out of his way to buy things for me. When I stole a glance inside the bag, I noticed that there were indeed a million types of blue pens, a cute little grey tote bag with letters on it, and a few notebooks just like he said.