CHAPTER 41 - ❝heaven or hell?❞

CHAPTER FORTY ONE“HEAVEN, OR HELL?”

CHAPTER FORTY ONE
“HEAVEN, OR HELL?”

SCARLETT DEL GATO

I don’t know where I was, but wherever it was, I wanted to stay here.

The sun’s warmth encloses me like a blanket and the birds were chirping happily in the trees above us. There wasn’t a single cloud in the sky, making the day even better for me.

My head was rested on Giovanni’s chest and the both of us were staring up at the beautiful blue sky as the sun baked us from above. “I can stay here forever.” I tell him.

His finger brushes my cheek before he tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear. “I won’t change it for the world.” He agrees. “It’s like there is no danger here.”

“No danger except for you.” I tease him and I see a smile spreading across his lips. “A very sexy one too.” I add in, feeling him chuckle from underneath my head.

“You think I’m sexy?” He asks and I could just hear that he was flattered at my words.

I look up at him, turning my head to the side to place a soft and gentle kiss against the sensitive skin right underneath his cheekbone. “I always did.”

“Hmm, I am flattered seeing that you thought I was a complete monster from the start.”

“You made me change my mind.” I smile at him before setting myself in a sitting position. “You made me realise that not all monsters are bad and that some are the way they are because of how they grew up…”

“I’m still a monster nonetheless, Scarlett. I’m just not one around you.”

“Well, I love you, nonetheless. Monster or not.” He smiles at me before he pulls me up from the ground so that I could straddle his lap.

Both of my legs were on either sides of his hips and my hair fell to my face as I leaned down to kiss him. He uses both of his hands to pull me closer, tangling his fingers through my hair and deepening the kiss.

I pull away from the kiss and look at him in those eyes I started to adore so much. “I love you, Giovanni, so damn much…”

“And I love you too, Scarlett.”

I smile widely at him before leaning in to kiss him again. His hands left my hair and I feel them trailing down my back. He lifts up my shirt and trails his fingers against my back.

I let my one hand snake around his neck, deepening the kiss more if that was even possible.

I feel a wave of déjà vu washing over me as the memory of our first kiss played like a record inside my mind; his tongue traces my bottom lip and the next thing I know, I allow him to deepen the kiss, his tongue grazing over mine as he explores my mouth.

It made me feel things I’ve never felt in my entire life; an excitement I’ve never felt before. Our breaths mix. Our tongues move in sync.

Nothing felt more right in that moment, having Giovanni Castiglione all to myself, loving him like he loves me…

But something feels off … when I taste him on my tongue, I don’t taste mint like I’m used to, it was metallic this time.

I pull away from the kiss only to jump up, away from him.

It wasn’t Giovanni and we weren’t underneath the warm sun anymore. It was dark, clouds gathered above us and an icy breeze washes over my skin, sending goose bumps cascading down my back.

The breeze turns into this icy cold wind and it was strong. The trees threatened to bend with the force, my hair a tangled mess.

The atmosphere was scary. It scared me.

“Miss me, sweetheart?”

I swallow hard, staring at Vincent in front of me.

His eyes were darker than usual and they were filled with darkness. His nose was bleeding from where I head-butted him. That’s where the metal taste came from.

“W-what are you doing here?”

Am I in hell now? It sure as hell feels like I’m in hell.

Vincent lunges forward and grabs me around the neck faster than I can step backwards. His grip around my throat tightens and he pushes my backwards until my back hits something solid.

It was the tree where the birds were chirping in mere moments ago.

I try to fight him off, push him away or by hitting his chest uncontrollably, but his grip only tightens around my throat. My fighting became sloppier and my eyes were watering with every second that passed.

I couldn’t breathe anymore.

I couldn’t inhale, I couldn’t exhale…

“How does it feel, sweetheart?” He asks as black dots start to cloud my vision. “How does it feel not being able to beg for your life?”

I try to kick him, but suddenly my legs were like jelly, it barely lifted up. Vincent just laughs it off like it was the funniest thing he’s ever seen.

“V-Vincent…” I managed to croak out. “S-stop it.”

He never does stop or lets me go.

He only smirks at me as his grip tightens more, if that was even possible.

Right before the darkness takes me under; I hear his shrill of a laugh before I finally let the darkness take me.

“I will meet you in hell, dear Scarlett.” Was the last thing I heard before I was gone. I don’t know where I was headed, but anything was better than being here with Vincent.

 I don’t know where I was headed, but anything was better than being here with Vincent