CHAPTER 27 - ❝how is this even possible?❞

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN“HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE?”

“HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE?”

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN“HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE?”

SCARLETT DEL GATO

My phone clatters to the ground as I stared at the guy standing in the doorway in front of me.

His light green eyes were piercing right through mine. He found my astounding expression amusing by the smirk glued to his mouth.

“How is this possible?” I manage to ask. “I saw you get shot right in front of me.” I swallow air, feeling fear bubbling up inside me with each second that passed.

“I’m amazed that you remember me, dear Scarlett.” He says, inching forward until he was mere inches away from me.

When he was standing in front of me, towering over me like his brother did earlier today in the bathroom, I feel my knees trying to buckle out from underneath me.

He was nothing like his brother.

Diablo wanted to mess around with me to get a reaction out of me.

Vincent? Vincent was here for revenge.

If it wasn’t for my hands clutching Antonio’s desk at my sides, my legs would’ve already caved out from underneath me.

Vincent saw the sheer terror written across my face.

My hands were shaking, clutching the desk. My heart was pounding inside my ribcage and my hands were slick with sweat, they would slip every now and then off the wooden desk.

My phone vibrates on the floor.

Vincent smirks, looking down at my phone lying face-up. I saw a message, well multiple messages from Giovanni in my notifications bar. I wanted nothing more than to pick up my phone and to tell him what was about to happen, but I was glued to the spot underneath Vincent’s piercing gaze.

He looks up from the floor to meet my eyes. “Who messaged you?”

I think he knew who messaged me by the look on his face, in his eyes. He was angry. I could see it in those light green eyes of his. But yet he had a smirk on his face.