CHAPTER 14 - ❝all the villains are broken❞

CHAPTER FOURTEEN“ALL THE VILLAINS ARE BROKEN”

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
“ALL THE VILLAINS ARE BROKEN”

SCARLETT DEL GATO

I was lying on my bed the following afternoon after ignoring the brothers for an entire day—scrolling through the phone Vito gave me yesterday and finding absolutely nothing to do on the phone—when Giovanni saunters into my room unannounced and without knocking.

I should’ve locked my damn door.

I don’t look up from my phone. “What do you want, Giovanni?”

“I got you something.” He announces, letting a shopping bag swing in his hand. He walks over to the bed, setting the bag down onto the bed right by my legs. I didn’t miss the way he had a slight stumble in his steps.

I eye the bag carefully but I cave in when the curiosity gets the better of me. I don’t know what in the bag was, and I absolutely loved gifts, so this was something else entirely coming from Giovanni. I think he wanted to apologize for shooting someone yesterday and basically telling me that he didn’t feel anything like remorse whatsoever when he did.

I check inside the bag, seeing that it was the same dress I eyed at the store yesterday. The one that was still lying on the ground after Giovanni hauled me over his shoulder so we could leave the mall like two criminals.

“Where did you even get this?” I ask him, examining the material in my hands.

 It was soft to the touch and it definitely seemed like it could fit me perfectly. Anything was better at the moment. The pair of jeans was literally starting to grow on me, so did the shirt.

“I sent someone to go back to the mall to get it for you.” He says, running his hand through his hair. “Not only did he get you the dress, but also some more clothes you can wear for school on Monday.” He says.

Sure enough, there were more clothes in the bag.

I don’t even remember telling Giovanni what my size was, but seeing that the clothes was here and could easily be returned again, I took it happily. Not without glaring at Giovanni, though.

I put the bag with clothes back down onto the bed in front of me and I look at Giovanni. “Did you really think that you can buy my forgiveness, because that shit isn’t going to work with me, Giovanni.”

He chuckles and the smell of alcohol washes over me.

It wasn’t too overpowering, but it sure as hell was enough to tell me that he didn’t just have one glass, or bottle, of whatever he decided to drink today.

“Have you—” I sniff the air around me. “Have you been drinking?”

He bursts out giggling and nods his head all sloppily. He was fighting so hard to stay awake. It won’t be long before he passes out on the bed right by my feet.