CHAPTER 24 - ❝kissing the devil❞

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR“KISSING THE DEVIL”

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
“KISSING THE DEVIL”

SCARLETT DEL GATO

Giovanni has been out cold for one and a half days straight.

I’ve been in the infirmary for about ten hours in those entire one and a half days but every time I would look at the white bandage wrapped around his shoulder and how pale he still was after he lost so much blood the last time, I walked out of the infirmary and disappeared as fast as I could to my room.

He took a bullet for me trying to get me out of his Maserati.

He took a bullet because he wanted me to be safe and now he was lying on the bed in the infirmary, fighting for his life with every minute that passed.

Kallie did an amazing job by stopping the bleeding and stitching him up, but now it was the dangerous game of waiting for him to wake up. She kept him in a drug-induced coma for a few hours of the first day he was shot, but then she decided to wait for him to wake up on his own.

I hated waiting.

Vito hated waiting.

His dad hated waiting.

My phone vibrates on my nightstand. I lean over, grabbing my phone and unlocking it only to see that it was multiple messages and missed calls from Eden.

“Shit.” I mutter under my breath.

Eden: Why weren’t you at school today? Is everything okay at the hottie’s mansion?

That message was sent two days ago, the day after Diablo knocked me out. I didn’t go to school because Giovanni wanted me to stay home to get my headaches under control.

Eden: I’m getting worried here.

That message was sent yesterday. I didn’t go to school yesterday because it didn’t feel right and I didn’t want to leave the mansion until Giovanni was out of the danger zone.

Eden: If you don’t answer your phone in two minutes, I’m going to drive over to the mansion and kill the brothers for making me worry. And then I’m going to kill you for not answering your freaking phone!

That message was sent exactly two minutes ago. I quickly type back a message before she actually drives to the mansion and kills the brothers for making her worry.

Well, only Vito seeing that Giovanni was already—

I swallow hard, not wanting to think of the worst possibilities.

Scarlett: Yes. I’m safe. I’m sorry I didn’t let you know sooner. I was occupied.

I can’t exactly tell her that I was nearly killed by Diablo in the woods the other day and I didn’t want to tell her that Giovanni was shot. That would only make her worry more and I don’t think I can deal with her concerns right now when I have some concerns of my own, like waiting for Giovanni to wake up.