CHAPTER 35 - ❝turning to someone bad hoping they'll do some good❞

CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE“TURNING TO SOMEONE BAD, HOPING THEY’LL DO SOME GOOD”

CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE
“TURNING TO SOMEONE BAD, HOPING THEY’LL DO SOME GOOD”

SCARLETT DEL GATO

Eden didn’t lie to me when she said that I wouldn’t miss the neighbourhood wherein Diablo lived. The entire area was enormous, and the houses were definitely something one would call ‘typical dream houses’ where white picket fences and beautiful houses stood behind them with the prettiest gardens with the prettiest and colourful flowers.

The only question was: Where—in this enormous neighbourhood—was Diablo’s home?

No house stood out from the rest of them because every damn house had a tall picket fence, every house had gardens, and every house was about two to three-storeys high, making it harder for me to find what I was looking for: Diablo’s house.

I was driving around in Joshua’s car, examining each house carefully to see if one might stand out than the rest of them, but to no avail. There weren’t really cars parked outside. They were all parked in double-door garages, and I didn’t see any white cars representing the White Pistols.

I felt bad when I just left Eden’s house without any explanation to why I wanted to go to Diablo’s house, but it was necessary to be distant with her. If she knows what I’m planning, she might tell the boys and then they’ll be here in no time, trying to stop me. It’s better if she knows nothing it all.

I was driving for another five minutes, ready to give up my search when a white car drives out of a driveway in one of the houses I just passed, and out of the front gate. It was now tailing me, it seems.

I guess it was the right neighbourhood after all.

The white car stops beside Joshua’s, rolling down its window so I could get a better look at the driver.

It was Diablo.

He sticks his head through the window and it looks like he was in some kind of hurry to get out of here with the way he was drumming his forefinger and thumb against the steering wheel. “The brothers are on their way.” He says without greeting me. “You better get into my car.”

I frown. “I can’t just leave the car here in the middle of nowhere.” I protest. “They’re going to think I was kidnapped, again.”

Diablo flashes a grin. “That’s the whole point. We can’t have them on our trail and we can’t let them know where the mansion is.” Diablo says. “So, hurry or my brother will take back the deal he made with you.”

Sighing, I climb out of Joshua’s car and make my way to the passenger side of Diablo’s white car.

He drives immediately when I get in, barely giving me a chance to wrap the seatbelt around my body. I wanted to be prepared this time in case he slams on the breaks again and causes me to head-butt the headboard.