CHAPTER 45 - ❝ she's one of us now❞

CHAPTER FORTY FIVE“SHE IS ONE OF US NOW”

CHAPTER FORTY FIVE
SHE IS ONE OF US NOW”

GIOVANNI CASTIGLIONE

I enter Scarlett’s room after the entire debacle with my dad and I see her smile when she notices me. Her nails were painted black and Eden was busy brushing through her hair, sitting at the back of Scarlett against the headboards of the bed.

“Is everything okay?” She asks me.

She must’ve noticed that I was a little tense after confronting my father.

I turn to Eden who combed through the last of Scarlett’s strands before she gets off the bed. “Can you give us a minute, please?”

Eden nods. “I have another mafia guy to seduce anyways.” She says and I hear Scarlett chuckling at her best friend’s silliness.

Eden makes her way past me and out out of the room before closes the door behind her and I walk towards the bed before plopping myself down on the foot of the bed, near Scarlett’s feet.

“My dad really did kill her… He didn’t even try to deny it.” I tell her while twisting my ring on my finger and focusing on it instead of her.

I didn’t want to look at her. What my father did and the fact that he denied it was making me angry all over again but Scarlett was the only one who could calm me down… but I didn’t want to scare her, I just needed to be close to her.

The bed shifts and I see her struggling to move in beside me on the bed, but she managed and rests her head on my shoulder while her right hand held onto mine. “I’m sorry, Giovanni. That must’ve been so hard for you.”

“Vito and I sent him away with nothing but the clothes on his back and his stupid car. He has nothing else. He will be alone for the rest of his life.” I tell her, feeling a slight wave of relief wash over me as realisation struck me.

He’s not coming back. He’s alone like he deserves to be. He’s not our dad anymore. By blood, he is yes. But he’s not our father anymore and I’m okay with that.

We don’t need him.

We coped on our own this entire time.

We don’t need him anymore.

We will thrive on our own and I will make sure that this empire survives whatever life throws at it, because it’s mine now and I have someone by my side that would help me run it.

“I should’ve expected it but it still hurts knowing that he was the one who caused her death this entire time… he murdered her and had the cheek to say that she deserved it because she was a cheater, a traitor.”