CHAPTER 17 - ❝back from the dead?❞

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN“BACK FROM THE DEAD?”

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
“BACK FROM THE DEAD?”

SCARLETT DEL GATO

I was dressed in the burgundy dress Giovanni had bought for me the next day after the entire shopping mall debacle and I finished my outfit off with a pair of slip-on sneakers and a white hoody seeing that the clouds started to gather in the sky again.

I don’t want to take any chances if it rains.

I left my brown hair loose but kept a ribbon in my hair to keep the strands away from my face. The ribbon was the same colour as the burgundy dress and it complimented my hair while the dress complimented my green eyes.

I smooth down my dress, liking the feel of the soft material against the palms of my hands and thighs as I walked.

I grab the tote bag with the notebooks and pens inside of it up from the floor and pull it over my shoulder.

I was ready for the day despite me feeling a little nervous.

I don’t know how anyone would react to my sudden reappearance. I don’t even know how Eden would react, and that, right there, scared the living shit out of me. I don’t want my best friend to hate me for being gone and only to return after a few weeks of being missing, without any contact whatsoever, so I was quite nervous to see how everything would play out.

I make my way to the kitchen, frowning when I didn’t see Vito drinking a cup of coffee or playing on his phone. The kitchen was entirely empty, but I think Amelia was here because the kettle was busy boiling on the stove and the cups were ready as well as the sugar cubes and spoons, sitting on the kitchen island.

I sit down on my usual seat and was greeted by Amelia who sauntered into the kitchen with a big grin on her face. She takes the kettle off the stove and pours the water into one of the cups resting on the kitchen island, and pushed the cup toward me. “Good morning, Miss Scarlett.” She smiles.

“Morning, Amelia.” I return the smile.

Mikael, one of the guards around the mansion who was about Giovanni’s age also comes into the kitchen. He had his phone glued to his right ear while he was muttering profanities under his breath like someone pissed him off. By the look of the frown between his eyebrows, I’d say someone definitely pissed him off.

He mutters another curse word under his breath before ending the call. He props the phone in his jean pocket and grabs an apple from the fruit basket also on the kitchen island.

“Is everything okay?” I ask him.

Amelia watches him carefully too, wondering what his problem was.

He grunts in response, taking a bite out of the green apple before he storms out of the kitchen again without answering my question. I shrug, throwing a few sugar cubes into my coffee cup before I started to stir the coffee.