Chapter 29

Oliver POV

"Where is she?" I questioned my sister once she pulled back to the party.

You could call me a creep, but in my defense, I wasn't spying on Alexis... I simply wanted to keep an eye on her, especially with my sister acting so very friendly as of late, which wasn't her usual behavior.

Caroline squinted at me clearly taken aback by my straightforwardness. We weren't very 'close', and the truth was... I only went to her game to say 'hi' to the brunette.

"I don't know what you are on about," she hissed while closing her car door and quickly trying to walk away.

I grabbed her by the shoulder and spun around to face me. "I saw you leaving with her, so my question is, where is she?" I wasn't going to let this slide.

"Sheesh, way to be creepy," she mocked with disgust. "What are you following her now that she dumped your ass?" She smirked victoriously.

"Fuck you," I spat angrily. "Don't try to change the subject, I saw you both leaving together."

She sank her long nails in my hand, causing me to wince and drop her shoulder. "Don't you touch me, you are a joke," she stroked her arm. "If only you and dad weren't such losers mum wouldn't have left us. And Alexis? Fuck knows where she is," she exclaimed throwing her hands up. "She asked me to let her out in town and so I did. Now... move before I tell more lies about you to our father, and we both know who he believes more."   

I watched as my sister walked away towards the party - I could never understand the hatred she held towards me. It wasn't always like this. 

Squeezing my fists something still felt off, why would Alexis want to be dropped off somewhere in the middle of the night, entirely by herself? I decided to find Daisy - I saw her somewhere at the party hanging out with Isabel, she should be able to clarify if Alexis was fine.

I frowned at the sight of drunk teens and a mess they've made in the house, if only dad would see his perfect daughter right now, he would flip out. Fortunately for her, he went to see grandma for a weekend.

After a couple of minutes, I've finally spotted Isabel and Daisy, they were cuddling on the floor in one of the rooms and giggling at something Daisy must have just whispered into her ear. Great. Not like I wanted to interrupt, this felt very awkward.

"What?" Daisy snapped at me as I've gotten closer.

Scratching the back of my head, feeling intimidated by her energy I decided to explain, "Hi, sorry I don't want to interrupt, but it's kind of important."

Both girls were looking at me with confusion.

"What is it?" Isabel questioned with a much calmer voice.

"It's about Alexis... I just was wondering if you could call her? Check if she's okay?"

Almost as if Daisy has instantly sobered up, she got up with panic and immediately dialed her friend. Isabel also stood up and looked at me uncertain of what to do or say.

"She's not picking up... her phone is dead," Daisy muttered more to herself than anyone else. "What do you know?" It wasn't a question but a demand.

"She left with Caroline about two hours ago, and now my sister has returned without her... Listen I know you guys don't see her like that, but Caroline is seriously fucking corrupted, she's not a nice girl. I'm just worried." I tried to sound as truthful as I could – they had to believe me because I wasn't able to do this on my own.

Daisy began pacing around the room looking like a ticking bomb, even Isabel didn't have the courage to stop her.

"Well then, I'm going to have a chat with Caroline," she announced all of a sudden and ran out of the door.