Chapter 5

Alexis POV

So, this was a bit awkward. We were currently sitting in detention, which by the way was going to last for the entire two weeks. Technically it was only for Daisy, but we begged Mr. Clark to allow us to sit it out with her. Jack on the other hand, well we didn't exactly know, but apparently, his behavior has been handled and parents called - Worked for me.

Now, why was it awkward you might wonder, well...

Let's start with Daisy who has been beyond pissed off, I think the entire day just overwhelmed her completely. She was blaming herself for me missing lunchtime, even though I tried to tell her I was okay after Ms. Jones gave me the salad.

Unfortunately, my friend was too stubborn, and it was something she had to figure out by herself, so we allowed her to have some space. She was currently sitting at the back of the class staring at the ceiling.

Then there was Sammy, who blamed himself for not doing anything, and I quote 'acting like a pussy', apparently just because he's a man he was supposed to handle Jack instead of Daisy. I also decided to give him some space not wanting to deal with his shit. He was sitting in midrow next to the window, looking outside and listening to the music on his phone.

And then there was me. Let's say I was currently trying to figure out whether I had a crush on my teacher because the entire idea just baffled me. Nevertheless, it was hard to avoid the way she made me feel - nervous and anxious, but a good kind? Who knew there was such a thing? And so, I decided to sit in front of her desk and help her with grading papers.

Ms. Jones was nice enough to offer herself as our supervisor during the detention, as apparently she always stayed an hour after work to finish it up before going home.

"Are you able to do this one for me?" She asked nicely, tilting her head to the side and showing me the paper.

I took it out of her hand and looked over it, there were a few open questions, which was probably why she wanted to know whether I was able to do it. Little did she know I was super smart. The thought made me smirk, causing her to raise a brow. Embarrassed, I gave her a nod and got into it.

We were sitting in silence, with the occasional conversation going, but I refrained from talking. After everything that has happened, I really needed my vape. Think of it, If I vaped or smoked some weed maybe I would be able to hold a normal conversation with Ms. Jones. That would be amazing!

I occasionally glanced over, soaking in the features. Sharp jawline, high cheekbones, spot-on makeup, and sheesh those eyebrows, how do you even get such perfect eyebrows?!

"Is there something on my face?" Ms. Jones suddenly asked with a low, yet slightly amused tone.

I squeaked, surprised by the foreign sound that came out of my mouth, and looked at her with horror. Fortunately, she wasn't paying me any attention, instead, she kept on working on the papers. I felt my face growing hotter as if it was on fire. 

She caught me staring... God.

I moved my jaw to the sides and clenched my hands into fists. This brought her attention and she looked at me with a crocked head. There weren't any particular emotions on her face, and I had no idea what she was thinking, but if I had to guess, probably something along - She's so weird.

I finally managed to speak, "N-no... s-sorry."

"It's quite alright Miss Anderson," she assured flatly, not bothered by my creepiness.

I nodded and decided to never look at her again. I checked the clock praying this detention was soon to be over, and almost as if she could read my mind, she spoke.