II - Chapter 15

Daisy POV

"See ya," I said to my co-worker as I left the building.

Working a couple of hours after school was a good way to save up some money, especially since I refused to take any from my adoptive family.

In all honesty, I wasn't even adopted, it was more of an official legal arrangement to take me into their care until I was capable of becoming independent. Of course, If I wanted, I could have signed the papers to let them adopt me, but since I was already eighteen I had a choice to refuse, which I did.

Don't get me wrong, they were lovely and caring, but I knew soon or later I was going to bring them down. I mean... I already did something illegal, but surprisingly from what Lucy has told us, the case hasn't even been made due to the lack of leads.

Wish I could have just forgotten about that night.

"Finally, been waiting for thirty minutes!" a certain blonde huffed loudly from the parking lot, where she was leaning against the front of her car.

Slowly approaching, the first thing that's caught my attention was the black oversized shirt - I forgot to take it back.

Oh well, she looked good. Underneath wearing a white top tucked into her high-waisted jeans, complemented by hoop earrings, black sneakers, and a thin choker.

She kind of looked too good, because my heart began to beat louder. It seemed to be a frequent case as of late.

She was giving me an angry expression, but it didn't stop me from approaching even closer until she got pinned between me and the mask of her car.

"What's your excuse," she pouted grumpily.

I didn't really have any, I just forgot I had to stay a bit longer to help out with the delivery.

"Um..." I began to think of what to say, it's not like truth would satisfy her. "I like to make you wait?" I blurted out, quickly figuring out that might have not been the best thing to say.

"You look good," I pointed out, still not being able to take my eyes off of her.

Instead, she responded with a scoff. "You are unbelievable, compliments won't help you," she muttered with a tiny blush on her nose.

"Help me with what?"

Her lips parted, but no words came out. She hopped onto the mask of her car and entangled her legs behind my waist, locking me in.

"You're lucky I'm crazy about you," she finally responded, causing my insides to go bat shit insane – Why?

I knew that I had feelings for her - It was obvious. But over the past few weeks, those have only escalated into something I couldn't quite understand. Was it normal to feel like this? Because it was beginning to terrify me, the lack of control I had over my own body and mind was scary.

"Daisy, are you okay?" she asked with concern.

I didn't know. "Could you hug me?" I asked nicely.

Without any unnecessary questions, her arms found their way around my neck and brought me into her, making all of my worries evaporate - Isabel was like a sun that shined upon the darkest places of my mind.

"Better?" she whispered, tickling me with her breath.

I purred in response, hearing Isabel's beautiful soft chuckle.

"I swear! I never met anyone who can purr like this. Are you sure you aren't a werewolf or something?"

"Mhm, quite positive. Unless you want me to be one?"