II - Chapter 14

Alexis POV

Peacefulness.

That's what I've felt when I watched the beautiful sunrise after an amazing night with Vanessa. And while the entire night was a complete blur, I couldn't help but feel happy from the overwhelming amount of emotions she made me feel throughout it. With one distinctive feeling that ruled over my brain – Pleasure.

Never did I experience such comfort and safety. With the constant anxiety that resided within, being suddenly gone, I simply wished it could have stayed like this forever.

Hearing my gorgeous woman shuffle in her bed I smiled and sat on its edge, beginning to gently caress her messy black hair.

"Mmm, come back to bed," she muffled with her lips against my thigh, cuddling closer into me.

I let out a giggle - She was so adorable. It wasn't often when I got to see her so relaxed and carefree. With the tips of my fingers, I moved some loose hair strands away from her face and leaned in to plant a loving and soft kiss against her forehead.

Wish she could understand how much she meant to me. Her presence was like a cure to my anxiety and stress. I always knew love and relationships were important, but never thought they could be this powerful, it was baffling, yet amazing.

Her bright grey eyes caught my attention, she was looking at me now wide awake without saying a word.

"What is it?" I chuckled feeling shy – I didn't like when people looked at me with so much intensity.

Almost as if thinking of an answer her hand moved towards my face and rested itself against my left cheek. She didn't move it, just held it there, while her gaze for even a second didn't pull away from mine.

"Sorry," her voice hoarse from the sleep. "I was just checking if you were real, as silly as it sounds, I thought I might have been dreaming," she told me in a whisper.

My heart swelled and all the strength just disappeared from my body.

"There's o-o-only one way to find out," I declared and freed myself from her hold.

She didn't do anything, letting me do whatever I wanted. My teeth not so gently grazed her earlobe and bit into it with just enough strength to make her flinch, but not bruise.

"Did you feel t-that?" I husked into her ear, receiving a short hum in response.

Suddenly I felt her arms find their way around my torso before getting flipped underneath her. She began attacking me with quick kisses and I giggled loudly, enjoying the teasing session before it got out of hand. 

Vanessa unbuttoned the white shirt, which I stole from her this morning, unrevealing my naked skin, instantly giving me goosebumps from the breezy air that entered through the open window. "I'm the one who bites here, don't get cocky," she warned playfully.

Her finger began trailing against my belly causing me to suck in the air from the pleasure her touch was leaving behind.

"Look down," her words held trails of mischief.

Confused by what she was getting at, I lowered my gaze onto my body, which I was yet to look at after our night together.

Gasping in shock, heat overtook my cheeks and I almost immediately covered my eyes with my forearm.

"Am I w-w-weird?" I wondered what was wrong with me for loving it so much.

My hand got gently removed from my face and I was met with a warm smile that made me feel so much more comfortable.