II - Chapter 5

Daisy POV

Night of the party

The sight of the broken brunette attaching herself to the woman whose face was covered in fear and confusion has given me a feeling of indescribable relief. And even though I was pissed for being in the dark about what appeared like an already well-established relationship, her safety and comfort were what truly mattered.

Vanessa Jones.

I gritted my teeth, a touch of sadness creeping its way into my heart. Somehow Alexis found her comfort in a stranger rather than a friend, and it hurt. Was it jealousy? No, I don't think that's what it was. I might have not been the best at explaining feelings and all that, but this was something different.

Maybe, just maybe, at this very moment, I felt as if the efforts I've put into protecting and caring for my friends have turned out to mean absolutely nothing. They never knew about the things I've done, being well aware I would get scolded or stopped.

Nevertheless, I remained unbothered - Alexis, Sammy, and Mason were good, too good to do them. And so, I took on the role of dealing with the things that would corrupt their pure hearts.

I just desperately wanted to ensure they will grow up into the good people they were born to be.

Because I wasn't. Hence, I would happily go down the irreversible path if it meant they wouldn't have to.

So yes, although it did hurt, I was still relieved and happy when our teacher with whom I was going to have a serious conversation, has taken my Alexis towards the safety of her house, leaving Isabel, Oliver, and I alone in the basement.

There was no time to lose, I told Jack and Caroline to wait for us at the lakeside, desperately needing to get rid of them before our teacher has arrived. There was no need for further complications. How could I be sure that they didn't just run away? Well, because I made it quite clear that there was no such thing as getting rid of me. I would chase them till the edge of the world if that's what it took. Consequently, they complied into meeting up and hopefully coming to an agreement that would put an end to this facade.

"What now?" A dark blonde who held a bizarre effect on me has spoken up for the first time in a while.

Oliver scratched the back of his neck shrugging in the process. He proved himself to be somewhat useful, but right now he was seriously lowering the bar.

"First we make sure there's nothing that would prove we were here," I began walking around, scanning the room for any possible evidence. No one else had to be involved in case I wanted to report the asshole to the police – Just me.

Once we did what we could we entered the car and dropped onto the seats, tired, and beat up.

"This entire night was..." Oliver muttered while tightly gripping the wheel.

"Fucked up," Isabel quickly added.

"And it's not the end," I interrupted their moment of relief. "I need you guys to drop me of at this exact location." I handed my phone to Oliver.

Isabel's eyes shot into mine with horror. "And why is that?" she asked lowly, maybe upset?

"Agreed to meet them there," I answered nonchalantly.

Both of them stared at me dumbfounded, "Excuse me I think not?" Isabel commented with an attitude, meanwhile, Oliver shifted closer towards the door, as if wanting to escape.

Turning around, since Isabel sat at the back, I looked at her with confusion.

She gasped as if not believing why I didn't understand how it was such a bad idea. And I didn't – it was a great plan.