Chapter 31

Author note: First of all, we just hit 80k reads and 4k votes! Thank you for keeping an interest in this story 🙏🏻😊 Secondly, I will leave a bonus question at the end of this chapter. Enjoy!

○ ○ ○

Alexis POV

Never in my life have I woken up to the feeling of such comfort and safety, however, as always Vanessa managed to trigger impossible and make me feel just that. When I opened my eyes, I was met with her beautiful grey orbs lost somewhere in their own world.

She was gently playing with my messy morning hair, which made me wonder whether I was actually awake.

"Hey," I whispered, surprising myself with the hoarseness of my voice.

Vanessa's eyes slowly trailed onto my face, she was taken aback clearly not expecting to see me awake, at least not just yet. I furrowed my brows unsure of her reaction, she seemed troubled and uncomfortable, it was such a quick change from the peace she just had written all over her face mere seconds ago.

I cleared my throat before speaking out. "Are y-y-you o-o-okay?" I stammered, worried.

"Yes...Yes!" she squealed instantly pulling herself up. "Let me make you some breakfast." She rushed out of the sofa nearly stumbling upon her feet.

Baffled by her behavior I observed her confused. She was freaking out... It was crucial that I wasn't going to make it worse. I had to approach this situation calmly, even if my heart was aching due to her reaction.

What if she was going to say it was a mistake?

At this point, I didn't even care that I missed my breakfast time and most likely was going to eat something that wasn't my usual porridge and apples. Vanessa sure knew how to keep my brain away from everything else, but her.

It was scary how much control she had over things even I didn't...

I sighed and sat on the sofa, watching the beautiful woman who was currently getting some items out of the fridge.

"So um..." I began quietly once I approached the open kitchen.

"You should take a shower... A towel, and some fresh clothes are prepared for you on my bed," she informed me without sparing a glance.

I bit my bottom lip beginning to feel nervous, but decided not to dwell on something that could lead to me overreacting. I found it almost amusing how a few minutes ago, I felt blissful, and now, I wanted to bury myself under a blanket and disappear for days.

As I showered things were slowly getting back to me, the party, Caroline, Jack... I didn't remember much between him leaving me in the basement and waking up in Vanessa's place. She did mention Daisy calling her, so I could only imagine my angel of a friend saved me once again.

And then there was a kiss... If someone has ever tried to explain to me how amazing this woman would make me feel I would laugh in their faces, and say such emotion didn't exist.

But it did.

That kiss was something I needed. The reassurance and safety she has given me was almost a necessity in order to deal with all the crap going on in my life.

I began to freak out at the thought of it never happening again but used every bit of my self-control to not burst into tears. Drying myself up I wore the clothes Vanessa has given me. It was a comfortable slightly oversized sweater and a pair of black leggings. Leaving my hair half wet, as I couldn't find a hairdryer, I left the bathroom feeling refreshed, but anxious.