Chapter 9

Alexis POV

"No! I'm not going... I'm sorry, but I can't do this. Just go please, Sam will take care of you," Daisy stressed out with a raspy voice. She's been absent-minded for days, ever since the night of the assault.

On Tuesday afternoon, I've been cleared out of the hospital and taken back home. The school has been informed of our situation and allowed us to take a break. Sammy forced himself but finally told me about what happened that night, how Daisy found me lying lifeless on the ground, and how she lost her mind beating Jack to the point where he was still being hospitalized. To our favour, he didn't seem to know it was Daisy who done that.

Daisy when asked about her messed-up knuckles and dislocated finger confessed to hitting the wall after learning about what happened, which wasn't difficult to believe, since it wouldn't be the first time.

Even though she managed to escape the consequences, mostly thanks to Isabel, she hasn't been herself. She's been refusing to eat and talk, spending most of her days on her sofa chair snuggled into her grey blanket. We tried to feed her bits by bits, but it wasn't enough - and to believe Sammy was the one with the eating disorder...

Mark told us her memories have been triggered and she will need some time to recover. He assured us not to worry and promised to keep her functioning, which he has done many times before. If we wanted to look at the bright side of things this was nothing compared to our first years at this place. 

God, why everything must have been so complicated...

It was currently Monday, and I headed downstairs for breakfast, with Sammy and Mason already being there at their usual spots.

"She's not going is she?" Mason muttered sadly.

I shook my head 'no' and took a deep breath. That night messed us all up, I still couldn't speak, not even to my friends or after smoking weed - Nothing worked. It has happened before so I knew it was going to take some time. I just hoped it wasn't going to be months.

"She will get there... We can't push, not yet," Sam's voice cracked, I knew he was fighting back the tears.

We ate in silence, Mason was allowed to skip his studies and promised to look after Daisy while we were at school. It took some weight out of my shoulders, knowing one of us was with her, she was never suicidal, but she had tendencies to beat herself up to a very dangerous point. 

Sammy drove us to school, Mark has already spoken with the principal about the situation, filling him in with all the details necessary. 

I also pressed the charges, as recommended by the police, because fuck that guy. Isabel has been a huge help with the entire process as well as providing some supporting evidence behind Jack's disgusting behaviours. I was looking forward to seeing her at school, as it's been a week since we've seen each other, only keeping in touch through the phone. 

Surprisingly, she kept asking about Daisy, and so I kept her updated about her current state. I was still a bit sceptical about why she cared that much but decided it wasn't any of my business.

The second my foot stood inside of the school, a familiar feeling of butterflies filled my stomach, I couldn't wait to see Ms. Jones. It was odd to miss someone you didn't know - creepy even - yet I couldn't help but miss her for the entire week. Truthfully speaking I craved the comfort her presence brought me. 

"Sam, Alexis!" Isabel called us from the end of the hallway.

I smiled at the chipper cheerleader, she excused her friends and ran towards us, embracing us in a hug.

"How are you guys?" She asked quietly with furrowed eyebrows.

I shrugged not really knowing how to react.