Chapter 12

Alexis POV

Almost as if in a daze caused by an eventful evening, I walked towards my bedroom, forgetting to ask the boys about Isabel's visit, and dropped onto my bed in the sloppiest manner. My index finger raised towards the corner of my mouth tracking the curvy line - I was smiling.

I was happy.

My right eye shifted to the right, spotting Daisy's sleeping figure still resting under her blanket, almost in the same position as I've left her in. I let out a loud sigh, clearly, Isabel wasn't much of a help, just as I thought it was too early. I just hoped we haven't caused any more damage than necessary, seeing she was in a very fragile stage.

I gather myself up and tiptoed towards my Asian raven-headed friend. The smile on my face has changed into a more soft-loving one, and I placed a soft kiss on her forehead mumbling 'I love you' against her skin.

Walking up to our window protected with the metal bars, I wished we could have had normal lives. That instead of meeting at this institution, being brought up from fucked up families and situations we would simply get to know each other in school like all the other kids.

A soft chuckle escaped my lips just thinking about it. Daisy would have definitely remained to be a troublemaker, Mason the brains, Sammy the jokester, and me the listener, someone they would always be able to console in, just like they did now.

However, instead of the heavy topics like ending your own lives, being used for someone's pleasure, or drugged your entire childhood, which caused your stupid brain to stop working like it supposed to...

Which will drag with you for the rest of your fucking life, because you will never be able to speak without worry again!

"I c-curse y-you, m-mother, f-f-father..." I cried out pulling onto my hair, breaking up quietly, having sleeping Daisy in the back of my mind.

I leaned my forehead against the cold window and sobbed to myself not knowing what kind of life awaited me. If there was anything awaiting me...

Because I was broken and used, and no sane person would ever want me.

The next morning, I found myself sleeping on the floor, I must have fallen asleep in my tears, but the relief that came with the realization that Daisy hasn't found me like this was enough to bring my mood up. I couldn't let them worry about me, because I had to be their pillar - I always was.

Going into the shower and doing my daily routine, my heart warmed at the thoughtfulness of my friend. Even though she wasn't in her right mind she remembered to put the right towel in our bathroom.

After finishing up, there were fifteen minutes left before my breakfast time, Daisy was still under her blanket, unsure of whether she was asleep I carefully approached her.

Suddenly she sneezed, and I rolled my eyes after hearing a quiet 'fuck'.

I huffed and took away her blanket causing her to whine like a child. She was wearing a black crop top, which revealed all of her tattoos.

Daisy well... she was Daisy. Tattoos covered her body almost everywhere, both of her arms, her chest. She admitted she was addicted to the pain and tranquillity she was experiencing with receiving one, and I never got too deep into the topic. I would most likely lose my mind, If I were to have something on my skin, but I was weird, so whatever.

I shot her my stern 'mother look' as my friends liked to call it, which worked in an instant. Grumpy panties decided to get up at least for the breakfast, which made me internally cheer in victory.

Step by step.

Once we've gotten ready and Daisy helped me with my shoes we walked downstairs for breakfast.