Chapter 8

Alexis POV

Jack's disturbingly evil, purely terrifying laugh has led me to believe there was no justice, or fairness in this world - only luck. And some of us were simply born with its deficiency.

"I wouldn't even wait this long if I knew you are going to be this easy. Such a slut, you will love this," his voice shaky from excitement mixed with breath reeking of beer, made me nauseous.

His large hands gripped the sides of my trousers harshly pulling them down stopping at my knees. I was laying frozen, feeling dead on the outside, but screaming and fighting on the inside. I knew, if I won't move anytime soon, I will regret this for the rest of my life - I will regret not trying.

His manly hands rubbed my thighs – I cried. I felt his finger roughly ripping my underwear, and that was it. It was all it took for me to regain my composure as if suddenly brought back to life. 

I could move again. 

I hit his sorry excuse for manhood with all the strength I had and crawled backward while pulling my trousers back on.

"Fucking bitch! Shit!" he whimpered while swearing loudly.

I quickly got up and ran towards the door, just as I was about to reach the wooden knob my body was thrown back onto the ground. With closed eyes, which I decided not to open I felt sharp pain spread across my stomach.

"I will kill you, fucking bitch!" he growled and continued to kick my body as if I were a puppet. "You don't deserve my dick, hope you like this more!"

Ah, maybe I do have some luck after all. I couldn't feel more relieved than I was at this very moment, knowing I was not going to be raped was all I needed before allowing myself to lose my consciousness.

○ ○ ○

I hissed from the unbearable pain I felt the second I woke up. Slowly opening my eyes, I examined the environment, my vision blurry, but enough to conclude I was currently at the hospital. I quickly looked under the duvet to check on my lower part, ignoring all the bruises I saw on my stomach I exhaled laughing with relief - he didn't do it.

"Alexis..." my attention shifted towards the white door. Mark stood there for a second before making his way to the side of my bed. "Please don't move, just rest," he smiled warmly with sadness in his eyes.

Mark was a part of the staff at our institution, he knew me and my friends ever since we showed up at a very young age. He was the closest we ever had to an authority figure and we held him close to our hearts.

I opened my mouth, "..." Words didn't come out, crushed by the realization of what was taking place – Not again...

Mark embraced my hands in his while observing my face with sorrow. "It's okay kid, you are in shock, you will speak again in no time, I promise, okay?" he reassured, but I could sense the doubt in his voice. Deciding not to argue I nodded slightly.

"Listen, police are outside they would like you to testify on what happened last night if you don't mind," he passed me a notebook along with a black pen.

Still dazed I wrote down everything I could remember, starting with being taken against my will to nearly experiencing rape... My stomach clenched at the thought - I felt nauseous. He had to suffer for what he's done. I wrote down every word he said to me along with being beaten up till I passed out on the cold floor.

Mark took the notebook glancing at it for a second, and with a sigh, he left the room.

I laid back down onto the puffy white pillow, trying to process not only the last night but my entire life. My childhood, my parents, my odd behaviors, my inability to tie my shoelaces, because of my mother who would beat me up for failing to do so at the age of five. Nowadays, if I tried, I would get shaky and covered in a cold sweat. 

I was a failure. A pure imperfection that kept on going against all odds, and maybe I should have given up a long time ago, but I couldn't.

Mason, Sam, Daisy, and I were in this together.

Closing my eyes, I attempted to go back to sleep, preventing myself from thinking about anything.