Chapter 7

Trigger warning!

Alexis POV

"Ugh, this is way too c-crowded," I exclaimed twisting my face in disgust. "Tell us again, h-how we got invited?" I turned towards Daisy observing her suspiciously with narrowed eyes.

She simply shrugged and said. "Just asked this chick from science, apparently it's her party."

"Asked?" Sammy questioned not entirely believing her story.

She groaned, "Uh-nuh, I didn't fucking threaten her if that's what you're thinking." She smiled mischievously, after finishing her sentence.

Yep, she did something.

"Daisy... I'm not f-fucking going in, truth, now," I warned her.

"Gee, I really didn't! She found out I was the one to beat up Jack, apparently, he was her asshole ex, so she basically begged me to come along with my friends," she told the truth.

I rolled my eyes - Guess we had to go now. I looked at the crowded house in front of us, if there were so many people outside, I didn't even want to imagine what was happening inside.

"It's okay Alexis, we don't have to go in, let's just hang out outside around the pool," Sammy reassured me and grabbed my hand, pulling me along with him.

We walked into the backyard, it was full of crazy drunk teens, jumping into the pool, screaming. I stiffened, instantly regretting my decision, why the hell did I even agree to this?

Daisy and Sammy grabbed some drinks from the long table and didn't hesitate to take some shots. I awkwardly stood beside them, pulling out a smoke. Might as well get high since I was not allowed to drink alcohol.

"Daisy!" a female voice screamed from my side. It belonged to a tall petite blonde, damn she was pretty.

"Hey, Isabel!" Daisy chippered.

Excuse me what? I stared at her wide-eyed, she sure could act friendly when she wanted. I knew she didn't give two shits about the blonde.

"Guys, this is Isabel, she's the one I told you about," my friend introduced us, sparing me the embarrassment of doing so myself. Sammy said his 'hi' and went back to do more shots. My dude really missed alcohol.

I felt Isabel's eyes burning into me, ugh... I smoked my blunt and offered her the rest. She gladly accepted and inhaled the smoke forming an 'o' after letting it out. I grinned, at least she knew what she was doing. She shot me a cheeky smile, clearly checking me out from top to the bottom.

"It's nice to meet you, Alexis," she slurred dangerously close to my ear, causing my body to quiver.

I simply shook my head with a smile, letting her know to back off. I wasn't interested in one-time stands, I was a helpless romantic, and I didn't intend to change that.

Daisy laughed at my response, "My little bean over here already has her eyes on someone, sorry."

Isabel 'tsked' with her tongue but respected my wishes and moved away from my personal space, making me exhale in relief before I shot daggers at my friend.

I did not have 'eyes' on anyone, just a simple crush that was going to remain exactly that - A crush.

I wasn't that mental.

"Oh well, anyhow! You guys are awesome, no one ever had the balls to stand up to Jack!" she practically yelled due to the music being loud. Daisy laughed, and I thought about how Isabel had to stop boosting her already high ego.