II - Chapter 18

A/N: Warning, please remember this is a work of fiction and I do not support any of said behaviors. Stay strong. Thank you, and I apologize. 

○   ○   ○

Alexis POV

Checking myself in the mirror, something I haven't done too often I tried to gain the confidence to leave my room in the black dress Vanessa has made me borrow. It's not about it being too short or tight, because it wasn't. I just wasn't used to looking this nice, afraid of getting unnecessary attention from the others.

"Knock, knock," I heard my blonde friend say before he entered my room. Leaning against the doorframe he checked me out. "Wow, you look gorgeous," he complimented causing me to groan.

"S-s-stop it you idiot," I huffed feeling embarrassed. "You also look good," I pointed out once I saw him rocking a classic black and white suit.

He grinned and turned around, though no one asked him to.

"Yep, I feel awesome! Can't believe we are about to finish high school," he gushed like a little girl, reminding me of Amira whenever she got her ice cream.

"Yeah..." I said less enthusiastically.

His brows furrowed and he walked up to me. Taking my hand into his, he spun me around beginning to slow dance afterward. "What's on your mind little bean?" he asked with a rare touch of seriousness, but also it wasn't often when he used that nickname.

I laid my forehead against his shoulder as we swung to the sides. "Just stressed," I confessed feeling better in his presence.

"You're worried about leaving for uni, aren't you?"

My stomach dropped, he definitely hit the spot, my silence being enough of an answer.

"Is it about Mason or...?" he trailed carefully.

No. 

It was about everything, starting anew, moving out of this town where I lived my entire life, leaving Vanessa and Amira... I knew it was only two hours away and we would see each other once every two weeks or so, but it didn't change the fact that it was going to be difficult. Same with Mason who told us he would only be allowed to see us once a month, what kind of treatment was that?!

"J-j-just promise everything will be alright," I begged with desperation in my voice, as I deepened my hold around his back.

His light chuckle filled up the room. We stopped moving and he looked at me with a smile.

"I promise. You, me, Daisy, and even Mason will do amazingly. As long as we are together," he reassured my worried heart and I gifted him with a quick peck on his cheek. "Let's get going, we don't want to be late. Mason is waiting downstairs."

I couldn't wait for the moment when he sees us graduate – We kept our promise.

Arriving at the school, most students and teachers were dressed up for the occasion, which calmed me down, realizing no one was going to pay me any attention.

"Damn, Lexi," Daisy said while glaring at my dress.

Isabel slapped her shoulder, figuring I was beginning to blush. "You look beautiful," she told me with a warm smile.

As always Isabel was drop-dead gorgeous, especially in a rather close to skin maroon dress. Meanwhile, Daisy wore a pair of formal black pants and a white shirt, that just maybe exposed a bit too much of her cleavage and tattoos.

"You g-g-guys look great," I complimented back and shuffled a bouquet of flowers I held in my hand.

Daisy smirked when she saw them, "You should go to her, we just came back from her office, she should be free."