Chapter 11

Alexis POV

"Would you like a ride home?" she proposed like it was completely normal for a teacher to offer you a ride.

"W-would th-that be appropriate?" I asked, not wanting to cause her any issues at work.

She hummed for a second and shrugged with nonchalance. "I will inform Mr. Clark, before we leave. I'm sure he will approve, considering the recent events."

I nodded and uttered a quick 'okay', she appeared to be pleased with my answer and proceed to grab her belongings from her desk, before opening the office and motioning for me to walk out first.

Seeing as I haven't moved, she spoke with a subtle smile, "After you, my dear."

I blinked a few times after registering 'my' but composed myself instantly not wanting to make it awkward. Inside, however, I was beaming with happiness, such a subtle thing she's done, that could be easily missed, but not by me.

No.

To me, it meant something it shouldn't.

I followed the dark-headed woman through the school halls while thinking back at the last hour of my life. We've touched for the first time, and she exposed a great concern for my wellbeing, even though she most likely would have done so with any of her other students – It made me happy.

Before I knew we were in front of the headmaster's office, she told me to wait and disappeared behind the door. It was rather quick, as she emerged back with a pleased expression.

"We are good to go," she told me sternly, but I saw sparks in her eyes.

We walked hand to hand towards her car, but once we've reached the parking lot, I've slowed down letting her guide me towards her vehicle.

I must say, she had a nice white car, it wasn't anything too fancy, but you can't expect someone on a teacher salary to own a Lamborghini. She opened the door and went inside, so I quickly ran towards the passenger side and invited myself in.

It was very clean, which I expected from such a neat-looking person, it was calming to have everything in its own place, nothing to trigger my OCD. Unfortunately, couldn't say the same about Sam's car.

"You like it?" she pulled me out of my thoughts, probably seeing how I've been gawking at everything.

I pressed my lips together into a straight line and spoke after a few seconds, "It-it's c-c-clean, I like it." I smiled at her, causing the right corner of her lip to curve upwards ever so slightly. I loved causing her to smile, it made me feel accomplished.

"Thank you. I'm a bit of a cleaning freak... tends to bother people at times," Ms. Jones confessed, and I was glad to learn every personal information about her.

So, she liked order and cleanliness just like me!

"Y-you d-don't have to explain y-yourself to an OCD p-person," I chuckled happily. I was becoming much more comfortable with creating long sentences around her.

She hummed while focusing on the road, I was about to ask if she knew where I lived, but I'm sure every teacher already did know that information.

The comfortable silence fell upon us, and I leaned against the car window, looking outside. It was already dark, with streetlights brightening up the town. It was lovely, making me want to go for a walk. I always enjoyed quiet walks in the evenings, it was my thing. Looking around I recognized the area knowing we weren't too far from my place.

"M-miss..." My voice cracked, and I bit my lip in displeasure.

Ms. Jones glanced at me with a raised brow, waiting for me to continue.