Chapter 6

Alexis POV

"Explain yourself, Miss Anderson," Ms. Jones stood right in front of my desk with that stern expression of hers, the one I believed not even FBI could possibly decode. She should be a fucking spy - English teacher my ass.

Back to business, I should probably explain what was currently happening.

Well, for starters it was Friday – yay. We managed to survive the entire week, mostly to Jack avoiding us like a plague, thank God. We attended our detentions with Ms. Jones every single day, however, yesterday she informed us due to personal reasons, we are going to be off the hook for today.

And I bloody hoped 'personal' wasn't a date, because even though I didn't know anything about her - not even a name - I wanted to believe she was single. Yes, apparently I had a crush on my teacher, but back to reality. 

Sammy decided to tease me about my grumpy behavior, and let's say he overdid it, by asking me if I liked her one too many times. Sure it was funny at the start, but now whenever they joked about it, I couldn't help but feel upset. 

Either way, I finally snapped and screamed 'NO' out loud during our advanced English class. 

Staring at my notebook, I tried to think of a way out of this awkwardness, knowing well enough I wasn't able to muffle as much as a word to defend myself. 

Ms. Jones stood next to my desk taping the side of her hip, as she impatiently waited for my explanation. I flinched and felt tears gathering in my eyes. I genuinely didn't want to anger or disrespect her - At least no more than I already did.

Before I knew I was already clenching my jaw – heart rate increasing. Being confronted in front of the entire class was triggering. Just as I was about to open my mouth and most likely break down into a waterfall of tears, I felt the softest and warmest hand finding its place on the top of my right shoulder.

Snapping out of panic mode I glanced at Ms. Jones who took a deep breath in and out, subconsciously causing me to mimic and begin to calm down. I wondered whether she did it on purpose. Her hand left my shoulder and I automatically frowned at the loss of touch.

"I believe you will behave for the rest of my class," she said indifferently - I nodded right away. "Good, I will let you explain yourself after the bell. Now..." She walked back to her desk. "Amy, if you may pick up from before you were interrupted."

Ms. Jones gracefully leaned against her desk, long legs slightly crisscrossed, as a book rested in her left hand, which made me wonder. Was she left-handed? 

Ugh. What was wrong with me...

I internally groaned and scolded myself for taking any sort of interest in my teacher. I was more than sure Sammy has already picked up on my odd behavior, but God bless decided to keep his mouth shut to prevent me from having any more beyond uncomfortable interactions in front of the class.

Bell the savior has finally rung and students began to disappear.

"Yo, imma scoot out and wait outside, okay?" Sam informed me, as he pointed at the exit. "You will be fine Lexi. I will treat you to your favorite vape afterward," he shot me a wink before leaving.

I think my face said it all because he chuckled as he walked outside, and to Ms. Jones request closed the door behind him.

Suddenly it was just the two of us. She didn't seem bothered - I mean why would she? I was just a student who interrupted the class and had to explain themselves.

So, what was this weird tension? Probably just me, I did like to overthink. 

"Come here Miss Anderson," she called me and pointed at the additional chair she placed in front of her desk.