Chapter 25

Walking towards the common room, the air around us still very steamy. I could feel his eyes boring holes into my back, before he reached out and took my hand in his, interlacing our fingers.

He started to lead the way. We both looked at eachother with soft smiles on our faces, even though his eyes were still dark with lust.

We were about to go down the stairs, to the dungeons when, we were rudely interrupted.

"Cordelia! Cordelia! Wait! I've been looking for you!" a panting Neville appeared in the corridor. I was about to ask him why, when Draco jumped in instead.

"For what?!" said Draco, exasperated. Neville gasps only now seeing Draco.

"Um.. I.. I.. I've been told to give Cordelia this letter. Said it was very important." Neville stutered, fumbling with his hands as he dropped the said letter on the floor. Malfoy rolled his eyes, and ripped the letter out of his trembling hands, and handed it to me gently.

Poor Neville, he was so scared, but I didn't want to confront Draco on him being a bully.

" Oh.. Thank you Neville" I said gratefully. Neville just nodded and speedwalked passed us. Draco started to make his way down the stairs, he turned around.

"Come on then, weren't we going to my bedroom Cord?" ushered Draco, he turned around looking at me expectantly.

"Yeah.. but I have to read this letter first. It must be important it's from my family" I replied glaring at the letter, place in between my hands.

"Are you gonna read it right here? At least open it in the common room" he sighed.

"Fine" I said kind of annoyed. Everything was going so well, and now because of this inturruption, I could feel the intensity between us drift apart.

I had a hunch that reality was going to slap me from my dream state with Draco and didn't even want to open the letter.

But, maybe I could be wrong and it could be just them worrying about me for once because of what happened to me, and asking how I'm doing now, though that's pretty unlikely.

I had to stop my wishful thinking and as we arrived in the Slytherin common room, I sat on the couch next to the fireplace and, ripped open the letter.

Dear Cordelia,

I attended the play Pheadra in the theather last week and I could not help but be reminded of our little deal we had before agreeing to send you off to Hogwarts. So I'm guessing you're focusing on your studies and not on men.

As always,

Your mother.

Well as usual, my hunches were correct. She doean't care if I'm ok or not. This is so frustrating, why should I obey her orders.

I'm 15 for fucks sake, and have the right to fall in love with whomever I please. And I love him, it's not something I can control.

But, of course if she finds out, I won't be able to come back here, and would have to go back to Beauxbatons.

I think I'd rather pitch myself of the Astronomy Tower if I had to go back to that fucking French school.

Draco was still just standing in front of the fireplace, observing me. I looked up at him.

"What happened Cord? Is it bad news?" he asked concerned, from my annoyed facial expression.

"No, nothing major" I put on a fake smile, and proceed to throw the letter in the fireplace.

"Are you sure Cord?" he insists, clearly not convinced by my response.

"Yeah, there really is nothing." I tried to play it cool and slowly started to head towards the exit.

"I'm so confused. I think you mixed up the way to my bedroom" he said in a sarcastic tone.

"No, I didn't. We have class in a bit and since I already missed two months of classes, I think I should probably head back".

It was obvious he was very confused, even if he tried to hide it.

He's quite terrible at hiding his emotions, his facial expressions usually gives everything away.

I was grateful he didn't push the subject further, as I was walking away from him.