Chapter 32

Cordelia's P.O.V

Everyday felt the same. I woke up and didn't feel anything. My head hurt all the time from crying. My eyes dried out after a while, I was incapable of shedding a tear. I wanted to write to him, but I couldn't. She took my owl away and put metal bars in front of my window so I couldn't receive any letters.

I wonder if he ever wrote to me. I hope he did. I begged Flavio to help me send one letter, but he never did. I told him it was about schoolwork, he asked to read it so I couldn't give it to him.

I wanted to kill myself. I didn't see a point in living anymore. Why should I? I can't live my life the way I want it. I feel like Azkaban would be better than this fucking house.

Thinking about Draco and the possibility of maybe seeing him one day was the only thing that kept me sane. The only joy I felt during these times was shutting my eyes and imagining him.

Thinking about all of our precious times together. The way he read to me, the way he kissed me, the way he pressed his body against mine, his minty breath, the way he stared at me with his illuminating beautiful grey eyes.

....

As I was crying in bed, my mom entered my room. She looked at me with a blank expression.

"Do you know anyone that has a name that starts with D?" D well obviously Draco, but why would she ask this. Does she know about Draco? If yes, then why doesn't she just say his full name? Or is it D as in Diggory? I didn't want to give anything away.

"Why do you ask?"

"Nevermind" she turned around and exited the room before I could say anything.

....

I soon got my answer when she summoned me to her study. She calmly sat on her obnoxiously fancy chair. There was a butterbeer sitting on the table, one that she pushed towards me as soon as I entered the room, signaling me to drink it.

"I'm not drinking that," I said with a pained expression on my face.

"Why so?" she asked nonchalantly.

"I'm not an idiot mother, I know you put Veritaserum in it". As I said that, her smug smile dimmed.

"Well, you will have to drink it," she threatened.

"Why. What could you possibly do that you haven't done yet?"

"Oh what an innocent child you are.. Don't test me and do as I say" she commanded, still as calm as ever.

"No" I said, turning my back at her and starting to walk towards the door.

"Imperio" Suddenly my vision became blurry and my consciousness slipped away from me. I felt my body moving against my will. She made me sit down in front of her and reach out to take the drink.

I felt like I only had a connection with a very small part of my consciousness and that p[art was screaming that this was illegal and that I shouldn't drink that damn butterbeer.

As the drink I was holding moved towards my mouth, I slowly registered that she was looking at me with immense pity. A minor part of my intellect perceived this situation as very wrong but I couldn't comprehend why, so I drank it.

My senses returned, as she lifted the curse, off of me.

"WHAT THE BLOODY HELL WAS THAT!" I was furious at her, I was shaking uncontrollably, feeling very panicky, "THAT'S ILLEGAL!"

"I know. I told you to not test me, chérie" she said with a slight grin on her face, "Now, do you still have feelings for the boy?

I tried to stop myself, but it was impossible, " Yes, I do, more than anything"
"That's unfortunate seeing you'll stay here with me until you get rid of those child-like feelings" she said scowling, "I would like to know who he is."