Chapter 38

I was eating dinner with Hermione at the Gryffindor table, when I saw him enter covered in mud. He looked so out of it and everyone gasped.

His eyes met mine and they were dead. There was no fire in them. The spark that I regarded as most intrinsic to who he was had gone out. He turned around and left.

"I seriously don't understand what's going on with guys this year. They all seem to be covered in something. One day there's Harry covered in blood and another Malfoy in mud" Ginny said sarcastically which made all of us laugh.

Ginny doesn't talk much but when she does it's usually funny. She always makes comments at the perfect timing.

I went back to the common room and saw the same girl from the library that Akoni was flirting with, sitting on his lap. She was trying too hard to be sexy and looked over the top.

Akoni was barely paying attention to him, he looked more focused on the book he was reading. Which was kind of odd, considering he had a pair of half naked boobs lying in front of his face.

I didn't think too much of it and took the stairs directing to my chambers.

....

Potion's class was pretty boring today. Slughorn seemed in a low mood and his tone while teaching the lesson was making me sleepy. I tried to resist myself from looking at him but my curiosity got the best of me and I did.

He looked paler than ever and was staring at his forearm contemplatively. Which was bizarre, since he was simply staring at black fabric the entire class.

What is so fascinating about black fabric? Perhaps he knew something about the ebony color that I didn't seem to have knowledge on.

Aside from his fascination with the color, he kept scratching his forearm from time to time. Maybe he had a bad allergy?

A couple days passed by and I was going from class to class, I felt so exhausted. It was midterm week and my brain was drained from all the excessive studying.

It was Friday afternoon and my last class was the Defense Against the Dark Arts. I was running on thirty minutes of sleep and I tried to not fall asleep because knowing Snape he would probably give me a detention.

Of course Draco was in the same class with me as well, thankfully though I was assigned to sit with Harry. At first it was kind of awkward between us because we only hung out together because of Hermione.

At first, we just made small talk at the beginning of the year but class after class we kind of started talking more and getting to know each other personally.

This year is especially rough on him because of the return of the Dark Lord and his fellow death eaters that weren't leaving him alone.

Today however, he was rather silent and didn't really talk much. He was just observing a piece of parchment that he placed on his knees under the desk.

"What's that?" I asked him and he shoved it away immediately.

"Oh nothing really." He's such a terrible liar.

"If it's nothing why did you shove it away the second I asked you what it was?" I said matter of factly. He didn't say anything.

"Come on. Tell me I'm curious" I insisted as I placed my hand on his shoulder.

He looked at the hand that I placed on his right shoulder "It's private." and then tilted his head towards me.

"Do I look like a person that would go around and tell your secrets to everyone? Please tell me" I begged