Chapter 7

I was rushing through the hallway to attend my last class of the day which was The Defense Against the Dark Arts. When I entered the classroom, I scanned the room to see if Draco and I had the same class. Thankfully there was no sight of him. As I was looking for a table to sit at, I saw a round-faced, short, chubby, brown haired boy. There was a toad in his hand that was trying to escape and it kind of made me laugh.

"Stop Trevor! Stay here" He hissed at the toad. He seemed funny, so I decided to sit next to him. I really needed a comedic relief after everything that happened today. He looked up at me, he was kinda shy. I introduced myself

"Hi, I'm Cordelia Reinders. What's your name?" He was too occupied trying to maintain the toad, he didn't answer. So I repeated myself.

"Hi!! I'm Cordelia Reinders. What's your name?" This time I caught his attention and he turned his head towards me.

"Oh.. I remember you from yesterday. It was kinda funny when the hat-"

"Yeah... I don't really wanna talk about it" I cut him off. There was a short awkward moment between us.

"Oh ok.. Well I'm Neville Longbottom. And yeah you're fine. I despise Draco. He hasn't stopped bothering me and my mates since our first year here." He said.

"Really? Well to be fair I'm not too surprised. It's quite a pity, he doesn't have any other exciting things going on in his life that he bugs everyone around him" I babbled. However, I don't know why but it seemed like he had more to him than he let on. Draco has a very difficult personality. I can't really read him, which frustrates me, because I'm usually very good at reading people.For instance the second I saw Neville, I could tell immediately that he was shy, clumsy and had a low-self confidence.

"Yup. He's a fucking twat. Anyways, why did you arrive at Hogwarts your fourth year?" He asked.

"I transferred from Beauxbatons" the second I told him that he grinned at me creepily.

"What happened? Why are you smiling all weird all of a sudden?"

"Oh.. Uhh. The girls at beauxbatons make me horny" He said while blushing and immediately slapped his hand on his mouth.

"Oh shit! My bad! I can't believe I said that out loud. I can be silly sometimes.." he scratched the back of his head, he was so embarrassed. I let out a loud laugh, which caught Professor Moody's attention.

"All good! Don't worry about it" I chuckled. I felt so bad, poor boy he was so embarrassed.

--

After class ended, I said bye to Neville and he told me he was going to introduce me to his friends this week. It made me feel pretty good, since I didn't really know anyone besides him, Cedric and Draco of course. How can I forget?

While I was walking back to the Slytherin common room, to go back to my chambers. I remembered that I had detention with Draco. Shit! I didn't know where to go. While I was wandering in the hallways trying to find the classroom where detention was held. Someone grabbed me from behind. I didn't even have time to look at his face and next thing I know I was pinned against the wall...