Chapter 22

I can't sleep and having insomnia is really not helping right now. I keep turning in my bed, switching positions every 2 minutes. I still can't believe that Draco didn't sleep with Amara. I feel so embarrassed about everything. I wish I could take back all the words I said to him. As surprising as it sounds, I was the dick this time. Thankfully it's Saturday so I can avoid him for 48 more hours by not leaving my room, but I have to face him Monday because I have potions class.

Sunday morning came by and my stomach was growling. I was so hungry, but I really didn't want to face him today, not ever actually. Astrid and Amara weren't here as usual, so I couldn't ask them to bring me food when they came back. How are they never here? What do they do out all day?

I tried to do some homework, to stop focusing on how hungry I was, but it didn't really help. I could hear the weird sounds coming from my stomach getting louder every ten minutes. Breakfast was gonna end in ten minutes already, so I assumed he wouldn't be there. I put an XL black hoodie, some black men's sweats and white sneakers and stormed out of the common room.

As I entered the Great Hall, I looked around for him, but thankfully he was nowhere to be seen. I grabbed a bowl of chocolate cereal with almond milk and sat down at the Slytherin table alone. I heard a girl crying, I lifted my head towards her. It was Pansy, her mascara was running down her face because of her tears. She couldn't have cried more loudly I thought, rolling my eyes at her. It kinda made me laugh.

"What are you laughing at?" barked Pansy. Does she really have to make a scene out of everything? I cannot deal with her right now. So I said the first dumbest thing I could think of.

"House elves wearing crinolines playing quidditch" I said laughing. Her whole expression changed. The whole Slytherin table burst out laughing.

"What? You're so weird Reinders" she critiqued, giving me a weird look.

"Thanks I know. Go on then, you may continue crying for whatever pathetic reason" I said sarcastically and continued enjoying my cereal. She cursed many things at me, but I just ignored it.

As I got out of the Great Hall after I finished eating, I walked faster and faster until I'm sprinting down the hallways to not run into him and reach my room as fast as possible.

As I turned the corner, I bumped into someone. I didn't have time to look up to see who it was and all the papers this person was carrying shot into the air like a burst feather pillow. I looked up and it was Draco, but I subconsciously knew it was him. I can smell that cologne of his a mile away.

I didn't know what to say, so I quickly kneeled down and started picking his papers back. I couldn't help but look at them out of curiosity and I could only glance at a small snippet of a phrase that said then you mix bundimun ooze with dragon liver.

Wait, I know what this stack of paper is about, it's the Final potion's project. Did he do all of it.. already? Before I could read the papers more in depth, he bent down and snatched the stack out of my hand. I quickly stood back up.

"Did you finish the Potion's Project?" I questioned in a surprised tone.

"Yeah, whatever. It's nothing" he tried to act like it was no big deal. But this is a huge deal! To be able to write roughly 30 pages must have taken him more than twenty hours of work.

He had dark circles under his eyes. Did he not sleep to do this? I just remembered what I said to him the other night, he really values what I say wow. I just said that out of frustration. Knowing that he also didn't sleep with Amara, just made me want to hug him even more. But, would it be weird after I've been extremely rude to him? But, he also did the whole project by himself. He's so cute I can't right now. The way he looked at me made me melt.