Chapter 44

We didn't exchange a single word on our way to the Great Hall. Even if he asked me something I don't know if I could've answered.

The words 'I have to kill him or he's gonna kill me' ricocheted around my skull. It made my head throb. I could feel my brain scrabbling to erase the last five minutes; to break free of the suspended agony. Just break. But I couldn't. It was there and it was the only thing I could think of.

As we entered the dining hall my gaze shifted towards the Gryffindor table. There was a small crowd gathered around Fred and George, whom I suppose were doing another one of their magic tricks. Everyone around them seemed very joyous when I was suffering inside.

As we approached the Slytherin table, I caught a glimpse of Claudio sitting alone with Pansy.

Since when did they become friends?

Of course Pansy has to go throw herself towards any guy that she finds attractive.

Claudio's back was turned against me and Pansy eyed me as if she was going to attack me any second.

I don't know where this hate comes from, but it's mutual. Everything about her irritates me. I get triggered the second she even looks at me. I despise the way she styles her hair, carries herself, how her hair falls just above her shoulders.. Just everything about her and I have no logical explanation for it.

Claudio's back muscles stood out with stark definition from his white shirt. His whole body was hard and angular, without even the hint of softness. He didn't really seem like he was a bodybuilder but he definitely was fit. Which made me think how many hours a day he had to workout to have been able to maintain such a physique that showed even underneath his clothes or if it was solely genetic.

It was probably genetic considering the fact that Akoni's body was built identically to his. I know that they're twins, but it's impossible to have a body like that without working out. So they either have the same workout routine or they're just blessed, or there is a spell that magically gives you an eight back that I'm unaware of.

I should probably go do some research on it in the library or ask Hermione, because it would be nice to have abs and defined back muscles.

At the end of the table sat Theo and Blaise. They look like they were arguing about something.

"No, we can only do it this weekend-" said Theo.

Blaise cut him off "Draco" he called from afar, as we were about to take a seat. He gestured for us to come sit with them.

We got up and neered where they were. Draco sat next to Theo and I took a seat next to Blaise across from them.

"I still feel pain in my chest, since you rejected doing an act of kindness. Don't know if I could ever recover" jocked Theo.

Both Blaise and Draco looked confused.

"Piss off" I rolled my eyes. Even if I didn't want to admit it, I kind of liked Theo's sense of humor.

"Not very friendly" he teased.

"Anyways" Blaise tried to change the subject "Where have you been mate, haven't seen you in two days" he asked.

"Been here and there" Draco kept it very vague.

I wanted to know where he disappeared all the time as well. I wondered if it had to do with the last letter I read.

With the person 'he had to kill'.

"Right.. But seriously mate, ever since the start of term I barely see you anymore" he insisted. Draco was getting frustrated.