Chapter 50

Cordelia's P.O.V

The same sound repeats itself over and over.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

I can't really tell If I'm awake or unconscious. The sound seems so close yet so far away. I feel like If I just try to reach for it I might be able to grab it and stop the irritating sound. My head is buzzing and I just want it to stop. The echo is so high, it makes me wonder where I am. I soon realize that my eyes are closed and I can see nothing but darkness. I slowly open my eyes and at first, I can only make out some shapes around me, but as my vision gets clearer I see where the source of the sound is coming from.

Claudio is standing near the door, dressed in all black, tapping his ring on what looks like a bookshelf. I look around the unfamiliar room, it's quite large, there's a desk next to the bookshelf and a large painting of the Greek Gods playing what seems like a game of poker. Something feels odd. There are no windows, the only light source that illuminates the room is coming from the lamp on the nightstand placed next to me.

Where am I?

"Claudio?" I call, my voice was barely audible from how sore my throat feels. He stopped tapping his ring and shifted his gaze back to look at me.

No answer.

I repeat his name again, but he still doesn't respond and continues tapping his ring on the bookshelf. I wipe my eyes and sit up, with my back touching the bed frame. Why is he acting so weird and mysterious?

"Why are you not answering?" I inquire and he stops tapping again and leans against the bookshelves with his arms crossed, after a short-lived pause, "Because that's not my name" he remarks.

"What?" I'm confused... I observe him and there is something weird about him. The way he stands, the looks he gives me and it hits me.

Akoni.

I gasp and suddenly feel very exposed and I quickly try to comfort myself by pulling the covers over my shoulders. I know that the blanket isn't going to help me at all but it still gives me the false illusion that I'm protected somehow.

"What is this place?! " A smirk creeps upon his face and he lets out a low chuckle and starts nearing me. I push myself to the side of the bed until my back slams the wall and he sits on the edge of the bed. I look at how far the door is and think of making a run, but what if it's locked? I touch my sides to see if I still have a wand, but I doubt it... He wouldn't be that stupid to leave me with a wand and I was right, my wand was gone.

He started laughing and looked at me with a pitiful expression, "You really thought I wouldn't take your wand?" he got up, straightening his pants and before he made his way out, he turned around, "You really should work on your Occlumency shields." He left and I was alone now.

Draco's P.O.V

After Granger's suggestion, we went straight to Dumbledore's office. He wasn't there so instead we went to McGonagall. It's frustrating because we're losing time and I don't know where that psychopath took her or what he might have done to her already. He might have even killed her and we would be cluelessly still searching for her. I aggressively knocked on her door but Granger immediately snapped my hand and stopped me.

"Stop it Malfoy! We're irritated as much as you are right now, but you still have to be respectful!"

"I couldn't give two shits about respect right now-" the door opened itself and McGonagall looked at us with a confused expression, "Is everything okay?" she asked and I burst into the room.

"No! Everything is not ok! His fucking rapist psycho brother captured Cordelia and we don't know where she is right now!" I fumed and Mcgonnogal gasped, "Language Mr. Malfoy!" she exclaimed.