Chapter 35

I was finally back home, at Hogwarts. I didn't see either Draco or Hermione on the train. I'll probably see both of them at the sorting ceremony. As I made my way to the Slytherin table, I saw plenty of familiar faces and some new ones.

"Cordelia!" exclaimed someone from the Gryffindor table. I turned around and it was Hermione running towards me. Before I could say anything, she hugged me extremely tightly for a long time.

I haven't hugged someone for this long for quite sometime now. She pulled away.

"I missed you so much!! What your mother did to you is crazy.. I'm really sorry you went through that" I could see that she felt sorry for me, from the way she looked at me. But, how does she even know about this? Does everyone at Hogwarts also know about this?

"I missed you so much as well" I gave her a warm smile "How do you know about what happened?" I asked, my curiosity getting the best of me.

"Well, Draco told me," she admitted. Since when does Draco and Hermione talk to each other? They can't even tolerate being in each others presence.. And Draco doesn't really talk about things like this.. " It was hard at first, he didn't tell me why you left and I might have used poly juice potion to transform into Blaise to ask him. He was extremely determined to not tell me at first, well tell his 'best friend', but then when I forced him, he gave up and explained the whole situation. But, don't worry I didn't tell anyone" she assured, which made me feel slightly relieved.

"Wow, that's clever of you.. Yeah this past year and half was terrible, but I'm here now and that's all that matters" I gave her warm half smile " Let's catch up soon, but I have to go find Draco now" I said and gave her a hug and turned around. Before I walked any further, I turned back around facing her once again"Thank you for being such a good friend to me. I really appreciate you and your friendship" I confessed.

I sat on an empty spot at the Slytherin table. Everyone's eyes were on me and they kept whispering to each other. I only heard bits and pieces of their conversations but I could tell it was about me. Honestly I didn't even really mind it.

My eyes scanned the whole table to look for his presence, but he was nowhere to be found. I re-scanned the people at the table and was disappointed once again.

He wasn't here.

Where could he be? The ceremony started 5 minutes ago.

After Dumbledore sorted around 15 students, the doors of the Great Hall opened. It was him. He was there. Looking even handsomer than ever, but he looked different. He was very pale and looked 'out of it'.He didn't see me, he just walked towards the table, his head down, ignoring all the eyes following his every move.

Draco's P.O.V.

Why is everyone looking at me? I know I'm 10 minutes late, because that fucking Potter tried to spy on me on the train. I had to teach him a lesson on to not fucking mess with me, ever again. I wish I could see the look on his face when he finds himself back in London. I sat down next to Blaise and Dumbledore picked up from where he left off.

I'm so fucking done with this sorting ceremony. Like why is it mandatory for upper years to be present at this ceremony ? I don't give a single fuck about which student is in which house. These ceremonies take way to fucking long.

I played with my ring the whole time and just looked up at the last person who got sorted. He got Slytherin and was excitedly approaching the table, when I saw her.

She was sitting at the end of the table.

It was her.

She was staring at me mindlessly. She looked the same, but her features were more womanly and her hair was longer. She had plenty of highlights in her hair, which made her look-beautiful. Her intense eyes on mine, made it harder to breathe.