Chapter 52

A/N: Hey guys, I apologize for the long wait I had to get surgery and wasn't able to write the next chapter but now I'm better and back. Thank you for being patient with me♥️

——

Draco's P.O.V

McGonagall and Granger were eyeing me with suspicion. I stood there with my eyes facing the floor and contemplating my whole life. I headed straight towards the door; I was going to kill him.

The door was locked, and I heard McGonnogall from across the room "Expelliarmus" my wand flew into her hand.

"Do not act with impulsiveness, Mr Malfoy. The DLME is already on their way to the abandoned estate. You will stay here until she's brought back here. Understood?" She waved her hand for me to sit in front of her, but I refused.

"Give me my wand back" It disgusted me that she was holding my wand. The one my mother had given me after the Dark Lord snapped the wand I had since I was eleven last summer.

"No. You will sit here and wait" What an old fucking bitch. I stood leaning against the door.

Granger looked unphased and turned towards me. "Why would your father go to this extremity for you to not be distracted about school?" It's funny how she still thinks it's about school, but how could she know, of course. "You're already one of the top students in most classes I have with you" even if it felt satisfying for Gryfindoor's "know it all" to admit this, that was the least of my concerns.

I shrugged. "I don't fucking know, Granger. I would find out if I wasn't locked in this bloody room."

How the fuck did father come up with this plan? But I should've known. Only someone like Lucius could make a meticulous plan that wouldn't arouse suspicion. It seemed normal for new students to arrive at Hogwarts; nothing was out of the ordinary. Cordelia fucking suffered because of them; that fucking son of a bitch assaulted her for Merlin's sake. Knowing this only elevated how enraged I felt about the situation. "Professor, let me out; I need to talk to my father."

She rolled her eyes frustratedly "I don't think I made myself clear, Mr Malfoy. I cannot let you do that. Besides, there is a high chance that he is being questioned by Aurors," she sighed, turning over to Granger, "In fact, would you be so kind as to let me speak with Mr Malfoy alone, Miss. Granger''

Granger got up from her seat, and as she approached the door, the old witch unlocked the door with a swift of her wand.

Once she was out, the witch signalled me to come to take a seat in front of her. Before I could even take a seat, she spat "Legilimens", and I wasn't prepared for it. I could feel her infiltrating most of my brain, but before she could get any further, the Occulemcy shields I had been training took effect, and I blocked her. She tried harder, and the second she could even get a small glimpse of a memory, I shot her back out.

Her mouth was agape, and she looked dumbfounded, "I've been eyeing you for some time now, and I didn't want to believe it, but now seeing what I've seen. My suspicions have been right all this time. He really is back" She flicked her wand, and my sleeve rolled up, exposing my mark.

This was it.

I didn't know if I was going to die at that moment but knew that my life would never be the same again.

I tried to cover it up, but the force of the magic was too strong. Thankfully I knew some wandless magic that let me cover the mark up, but the damage had already been done. There was no covering up anymore.

She tapped on an object like those bells in hotels that you tap on to get the receptionist's attention. I remember Theo and I had gone to this Hotel in Cannes, and the receptionist was asleep, so we transfigured twenty sheets of paper into those bells and placed those on the receptionist's desks and charmed them to ring at the same time, which almost gave the receptionist a heart attack.