Chapter 48

I slowly unlocked the door to see if there was anyone passing through the halls.

Draco's front was pressed against my back, "I'll go out first and you come out two minutes later" I said and I could feel his breath fanning against the back of my neck.

"Ashamed to be seen with me now?" he said.

"No. I just don't want a professor to see us coming out of a broom closet" I said and Draco chuckled with a grin curled upon his lips.

"What's so funny?" I asked as I furrowed my brows and turned to face him completely.

"You said it yourself.. the portraits.. they're everywhere" he emphasized the word 'everywhere''.

I felt my cheeks flush and my heart started pounding painfully in my chest.

There was no way that there were portraits even in a 3 square foot broom closet.. I still checked around just in case to see if there were any but there weren't.

"Sure... Sure... Whatever you say," I said as I rolled my eyes.

"You know that there are plenty of portraits with Disillusionment Charms on them right?"

He insisted as he sneaked up his hands around my waist.

I sucked in a breath and stared him down, my chest constricting. The warmth of his hand was a comforting contrast with his words. I tried to shove the disturbing image of McGonagall watching us have sex through the portraits away.

"I think it's best if we ignore that possibility" I cleared my throat and stepped outside, finalizing the conversation.

I made my way towards the Great Hall and turned around to see if he actually waited but of course, I wasn't surprised to see him 10 feet away from me.

"I told you to wait" my eyes grew wide and I scanned the hallway to see if there was anyone coming from either side.

"I never said I would," he said with a slightly amused smirk on his face as he closed in on the distance between us. He grabbed my waist and pulled me towards him, kissing me again.

"I'm sure that elder widow in the portrait," he pointed above them, towards the right, "liked that as a closing for the show."

I slapped his shoulder and he laughed. A sound that made me feel at ease.

I turned around to look at the widow and she looked quite horrified, "Doesn't seem like it."
Students started getting out of the classroom near us, which was an indication that it was lunchtime.

We made our way to the dining hall and at the entrance, I felt my stomach twist in a disturbing way.

"I'm going to use the restroom, I'll join you in a sec," I said and he nodded.

It couldn't possibly have been that time of the month yet, my period just ended five days ago.

Turns out there was nothing to worry about, I got out of the bathroom and headed towards the sink to wash my hands.

As I was doing just that, a fog slowly spread across the mirror, my reflection became blurry and forms started to appear.

I looked around to see if there was anyone else in the bathroom, but there was no one. I thought that maybe it was Harry pranking me under his invisibility cloak, but then why would he do such a thing. It wasn't really Harry-like.
I faced the mirror again and mumbled "Of course..."

Why did I even think otherwise in the first place?

'18 Hours' was now written across the mirror...
I felt so frustrated. I hated everything about this. It was okay the first time but now it was getting out of hand.