Chapter 18

"Still nothing Mrs.Pomfrey?"

"I'm afraid not Albus.. Poor child."

"Ok.. Please let me know if anything changes."

"I will."

I keep hearing people talking. I don't know if all of this is real or just a dream. It's cold, very cold. I can hear the stormy wind outside, the windows shaking, but my eyes are shut.

I can't open them. I've tried but my mind is more powerful than me right now. It controls me, I don't have enough strength to resist it.

I'm weak.

--

"How is she?"

"Still the same Miss. Granger"

"Ok.. Thank you"

I know that voice. It's that girls'.. I don't remember her name.

--

"Any news?"

"No.. Nothing.. No sign of slight movement Mr.Diggory"

"Oh ok"

"Don't pre occupy yourself with her. The tournament is still going on. I will let you know as soon as there is something"

-

"Is she still sleeping?"

"Yes. She is"

"Can I place this rose next to her?"

"No. Give it to me. No one is allowed to come near her ,except me"

"Ok"

I also do recognize that voice. I can smell.. Smell roses. My favorite flower.

I tried with everything in me to open my eyes, I still couldn't.

I can't move.

I can't move anywhere, I want to cry. I can't even cry, it hurts. I don't have energy to even shed a single tear.

But I want to smell this rose up close. I don't even know where it is, I just know that it's next to me, either on my right or left.

I need to smell this rose. I tried with everything in me to open my mouth, to formulate a word or move my arm to grab the rose. Opening my mouth seems easier so I tried that instead. The only word I could think of that would be effective is

"H..hel..p.." I heard someone gasp and footsteps running in my direction.

"Miss. Reinders! At last!" Said someone, from their voice I could tell it was a woman.

"F.. ff.. Ff.. fllo..flllowe..flower" I said.

"What?! I didn't hear that my dear. Would you like some water?" asked the woman. I tried again hoping she would understand

"Flo..flowe..flo..flower"

"Oh! You want your flower here you go dear." she said, placing it inside my hand. Such an idiot. I wanted to smell it.

"Sme..Sme..ll" I said

"Smell what?" she stopped talking for a bit "Ohhhh! You want to smell the rose? Ok darling" she placed it close to my nose. It smelled amazing. It nearly intoxicated me. Who would give me a rose? I was curious. Was it Cedric?

"W.. Whh.oo..Who?" I asked.

"Who you asked my dear? Uhh what was his name.. Oh! Yes! Mr. Malfoy just brought it 30 minutes ago. Isn't it beautiful? Oh nevermind don't answer yet.. Your eyes are still shut.. My bad miss" she said.

The second she said that, I opened my eyes instantly. At first, I felt like I was blind. I only saw darkness. After a couple seconds, I could see some shapes and patterns and about two to three minutes later my vision was slightly better. However, it was still very blurry, I felt like I was hallucinating. I couldn't see anything, just some light and colors. The only thing I saw was either rain or snow on the windows, I wasn't sure which one yet. There were also many beds next to me. I couldn't figure out where I was, I've never been here before.

"AH! MISS. REINDERS. You.. This is incredible. Finally!!" exclaimed an elderly woman.

I think she was a nurse, I could tell from her outfit. So this means I'm in the nursery, and now there being multiple beds make sense. But, why did I get my vision back after nearly seven minutes or so?
Or maybe more, time doesn't make sense right now.

My throat was extremely dry, I really needed something to drink. I pointed towards my mouth because it was still hard to formulate words. She thankfully got it right away, that I meant I wanted water.

"Oh yes my dear. I'll bring you some right now" she said. I simply nodded. I drank the water slowly. My throat felt so much better. I was able to move my mouth again slightly. I gave her back the water and glanced at the rose.

It was black. I never saw such a thing. It was beautiful. It felt like each petal told a story, it was truly fascinating. Wow.. Draco really knows how to amaze a woman.

The rose was like a true love's kiss, but without a kiss. It was true love's smell.

It didn't smell like an ordinary rose. It had a quite unique, indescribable scent to it. It was addicting. I was getting more conscious of my surroundings and slowly started getting my memory back. The more I stared at the rose, the more my memories came flushing down to my mind knowing that it was given to me by Draco. I just remembered what he did.

I looked up and the lady was still looking at me, she looked very surprised. I mean I've been here for a couple hours right?

The longer she kept eye contact with me, the more I started doubting myself.

"How l..lon..g have I bee..en h..here?" I asked.

"Two months dear. Christmas break is in three weeks" she answered.

WHAT?! This can't be true. How have I been asleep for two months? This is certainly a joke. I refuse to believe here, then again I looked out the window and it was snowing.

I'm afraid she's right, but how? I glanced on the night stand beside me, and there was chocolate and a whole stack of letters. I looked through them and they were from my parents. Wow.

I need to get out of here. I still can't believe this.

"I want t.. To leave. Can I pl..please go back to my ch..chambers" I asked her.

"Oh dear, you need some rest. You just woke up... After two months, and now suddenly you want to leave?! What's the rush" she exclaimed.

"I don't wa..wannt to stay here. I need to lea..leave!" I yelled.. A few moments later, I addressed her nicely

"Ppp..Please? I bbeg you" I muttered. With the way she looked at me, it was obvious she didn't want to let me go. But, I could see that she felt kind of sorry for me, she had an empathetic look on her face.

"Ok.. But I will accompany you to your chambers and you will come here everyday.. twice. Once in the morning and once after dinner time" she said. Ugh! I don't want to come see her twice a day. I've apparently been here for two months already for Merlin's sake! But, I didn't argue with her, since I knew that this was a take it or leave it proposition so I simply agreed "Ok".

She held my hand and when I first got out of bed, I fell. She helped me get back up and my legs were shaking tremendously. We slowly exited the nursery and we were headed to the Slytherin common room. As we were walking there, I saw who I believe was Amara making out with Blaise. But, I thought she had a thing with Draco. She didn't notice me though. I didn't want anyone to see me like this, I looked dead.

Thankfully, it was almost curfew so nearly everyone was in their chambers.